Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
kcd.Spektor
Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:21 am

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby kcd.Spektor » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:37 pm

jrb00001 wrote:
kcd.Spektor wrote:6. When any ship enteres sector, all ships in that sector(including the entered one) now loose stored energy in weapons

NOOOOOOO. Why? How do you explain that in the story?

It's now just like in FTL, when you enter sector, weapons are uncharged.(unless you have a precharger).
Also it's in the server config.

jrb00001 wrote:
kcd.Spektor wrote:7. HyperSpace time limit set to 30 sec

Configurable?

yes

jrb00001 wrote:
kcd.Spektor wrote:29. Made engines and HyperDrive charge faster when ship is out of combat

Good idea for the gameplay, but doesn't make any sense for the story. I think it is better to increase the HD energy usage: "no energy used for weapons = more energy for HD".

Also like in FTL now.
When you're out of combat - you no longer need to just wait for 40 seconds to jump to another sector.
And when you need to collect some scrap scattered over a sector - now you do it 10 times faster. Without iddle-waiting.

jrb00001 wrote:And please remove that hard cap on charge speed or make it configurable. As engines are not that useful outside of combat, you could do the same as with the HD.

Maybe some time in the future. Right now it is actually a cap of 15 because of the GUI.
Current GUI can't support unlimited max charge rate.

jrb00001 wrote:
kcd.Spektor wrote:If you have any questions to hesitate to ask.

Is a server wipe needed?

New version has events only for a 1 time tutorial.
Old event files are not compatible.
Like I said in the previous post. If you want to keep an MMO server - you'll need to make your own events, or wait till I release an update with an MMO scenario(not too soon), OR just keep the old version.
Chickengames
Posts: 341
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:24 pm

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby Chickengames » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:52 pm

kcd.Spektor wrote:
jrb00001 wrote:
kcd.Spektor wrote:6. When any ship enteres sector, all ships in that sector(including the entered one) now loose stored energy in weapons

NOOOOOOO. Why? How do you explain that in the story?

It's now just like in FTL, when you enter sector, weapons are uncharged.(unless you have a precharger).
Also it's in the server config


So even if you're already in a battle, your weapons decharge just because someone jumped into that sector?
kcd.Spektor
Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:21 am

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby kcd.Spektor » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:09 am

Chickengames wrote:So even if you're already in a battle, your weapons decharge just because someone jumped into that sector?

Exactly.
Bun in the scenario you won't notice this. Since there will be only 1 player ship.
And for an mmo server you can configure this the way you like.
User avatar
Hak86
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:58 am
Location: Somewhere...

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby Hak86 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:48 am

kcd.Spektor wrote:If you have any questions to hesitate to ask.

I have a question, is it the cell data in this file: Tachyon\Server\WorldGen\GenShips\Science_station_D31\data.dat
that creates the inextinguishable fire on SSD31?
If so could you please make one without fire on it and send it to me, thanks.
This is a bad signature. :|
kcd.Spektor
Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:21 am

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby kcd.Spektor » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:24 am

Hak86 wrote:
kcd.Spektor wrote:If you have any questions to hesitate to ask.

I have a question, is it the cell data in this file: Tachyon\Server\WorldGen\GenShips\Science_station_D31\data.dat
that creates the inextinguishable fire on SSD31?
If so could you please make one without fire on it and send it to me, thanks.

Just delete the cell data line from the data.dat (But that will also remove the breaches)
User avatar
Hak86
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:58 am
Location: Somewhere...

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby Hak86 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:34 am

kcd.Spektor wrote:
Hak86 wrote:
kcd.Spektor wrote:If you have any questions to hesitate to ask.

I have a question, is it the cell data in this file: Tachyon\Server\WorldGen\GenShips\Science_station_D31\data.dat
that creates the inextinguishable fire on SSD31?
If so could you please make one without fire on it and send it to me, thanks.

Just delete the cell data line from the data.dat (But that will also remove the breaches)

The breaches are not needed for the NPC's repair event right?

PS Who made the new pirate ship?
This is a bad signature. :|
kcd.Spektor
Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:21 am

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby kcd.Spektor » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:45 am

Hak86 wrote:

PS Who made the new pirate ship?[/quote]
I did, using the Bear's ships as base
User avatar
Hak86
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:58 am
Location: Somewhere...

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby Hak86 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:47 am

kcd.Spektor wrote:
Hak86 wrote:PS Who made the new pirate ship?

I did, using the Bear's ships as base

You didn't answer this:
The breaches are not needed for the NPC's repair event right?
This is a bad signature. :|
kcd.Spektor
Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:21 am

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby kcd.Spektor » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:50 am

Hak86 wrote:The breaches are not needed for the NPC's repair event right?

What NPC's repair event are you talking about?
If you mean the tutorial - then no. The breaches are not needed.
User avatar
Hak86
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:58 am
Location: Somewhere...

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby Hak86 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:56 am

kcd.Spektor wrote:
Hak86 wrote:The breaches are not needed for the NPC's repair event right?

What NPC's repair event are you talking about?
If you mean the tutorial - then no. The breaches are not needed.

Okay, thanks
This is a bad signature. :|

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests