Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Manters
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby Manters » Sun May 22, 2016 9:04 am

jrb00001 wrote:
Manters wrote:But seriosuly, the RAI needs a rebalance, he wasnt hard, just very long and rather tedious. Maybe if he deployed a secret weapon when he was at 100 health...

It was not hard for the BS, but it was very dangerous to be on the cruiser. Please remember that 2/3 of the crew died! I think the length (30 min) was good because that allowed the cruiser to repair a few times and rejoin the battle. I think the balance was right for a BS and a cruiser. But if the spawn mechanism had worked...


Hm. Hadn't considered that. Fair enough.
Manters
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby Manters » Sun May 22, 2016 9:09 am

Also, while I'm here, I'll just how off an updated base sprite for the spider.

Image

What do you guys think?
User avatar
Hak86
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:58 am
Location: Somewhere...

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby Hak86 » Sun May 22, 2016 9:33 am

Manters wrote:Also, while I'm here, I'll just how off an updated base sprite for the spider.

Image

What do you guys think?

I think that it should maybe look a bit more like this:
Gencool wrote:I've done spiders before!

Image

Although I still like it 8-)
This is a bad signature. :|
jrb00001
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:22 pm

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby jrb00001 » Sun May 22, 2016 10:50 am

I added three new features to the launcher:
  • Custom resolution: Start the game with any resolution you want (there are a few glitches with resolutions other than 1280x720 at the moment).
  • Fullscreen: Start the game in full screen mode (has glitches with resolutions other than 1280x720).
  • Info window: Shows important informations like controls, commands, etc.

@Spektor: I found these glitches:
  • Shields and weapons are not rendered correctly at 1920x1000.
  • Screens of weapons control, weapon, door control, sensors and bridge --> systems are not rendered correctly at 1920x1000.
  • Ship editor at 1280x1024.
kcd.Spektor
Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:21 am

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby kcd.Spektor » Sun May 22, 2016 1:22 pm

jrb00001 wrote:I added three new features to the launcher:

Custom resolution: Start the game with any resolution you want (there are a few glitches with resolutions other than 1280x720 at the moment).
Fullscreen: Start the game in full screen mode (has glitches with resolutions other than 1280x720).

Well like I said window resizing is broken atm.
I have it on my own TODO list, but for later.
I would preffer if you'd remove that feature from the launcher untill I finish resizing.
Otherwise new people might start the game in a wrong resolution and get dissapointed from the start.

Info window: Shows important informations like controls, commands, etc.

I have already finished adding the F1 screen with controls and chat commands, it will be in the next release.
But I suppose that it won't hurt if there's another one in the launcer, just don't forget to add in later version the info about the F1 help screen.

@Spektor: I found these glitches:
  • Shields and weapons are not rendered correctly at 1920x1000.
  • Screens of weapons control, weapon, door control, sensors and bridge --> systems are not rendered correctly at 1920x1000.
  • Ship editor at 1280x1024.

There's alot more, but again, it's not expected to work right now. :)
jrb00001
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:22 pm

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby jrb00001 » Sun May 22, 2016 6:30 pm

kcd.Spektor wrote:
jrb00001 wrote:I added three new features to the launcher:

Custom resolution: Start the game with any resolution you want (there are a few glitches with resolutions other than 1280x720 at the moment).
Fullscreen: Start the game in full screen mode (has glitches with resolutions other than 1280x720).

Well like I said window resizing is broken atm.
I have it on my own TODO list, but for later.
I would preffer if you'd remove that feature from the launcher untill I finish resizing.
Otherwise new people might start the game in a wrong resolution and get dissapointed from the start.

Removed the resolution options from the launcher. The resolution is automatically reverted to 1280x720 in case somebody has set something else. The fullscreen option remains because it uses the the same resolution as windowed.
User avatar
Hak86
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:58 am
Location: Somewhere...

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby Hak86 » Sun May 22, 2016 9:06 pm

jrb00001 wrote:
kcd.Spektor wrote:
jrb00001 wrote:I added three new features to the launcher:

Custom resolution: Start the game with any resolution you want (there are a few glitches with resolutions other than 1280x720 at the moment).
Fullscreen: Start the game in full screen mode (has glitches with resolutions other than 1280x720).

Well like I said window resizing is broken atm.
I have it on my own TODO list, but for later.
I would preffer if you'd remove that feature from the launcher untill I finish resizing.
Otherwise new people might start the game in a wrong resolution and get dissapointed from the start.

Removed the resolution options from the launcher. The resolution is automatically reverted to 1280x720 in case somebody has set something else. The fullscreen option remains because it uses the the same resolution as windowed.
I liked having 1280x1024 as my resolution. :| :cry:
This is a bad signature. :|
jrb00001
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:22 pm

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby jrb00001 » Sun May 22, 2016 9:10 pm

Hak86 wrote:I liked having 1280x1024 as my resolution. :| :cry:

kcd.Spektor should fix the resizing as fast as possible! I will add it to my launcher as soon as kcd.Spektor decides to support it officially.
kcd.Spektor
Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:21 am

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby kcd.Spektor » Mon May 23, 2016 6:15 am

jrb00001 wrote:kcd.Spektor should fix the resizing as fast as possible! I will add it to my launcher as soon as kcd.Spektor decides to support it officially.

More like - as soon as I get the time to work on it :D
Btw. I can't seem to connect to server. Is it down?
jrb00001
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:22 pm

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby jrb00001 » Mon May 23, 2016 6:38 am

I did a kernel update which needed a restart. And because the database was stored in /tmp, it was deleted automatically. I tried to restore the files but I was unable to get the filenames back (and a few files were completely lost).

If you have lost something and want it back, please reply with as many details as possible.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests