Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
User avatar
Srul
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:32 pm
Location: Clown Planet
Contact:

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby Srul » Fri May 20, 2016 6:31 am

jrb00001 wrote:We (at least Bear and I) are going to kill the RAI boss on saturday. Who wants to join us?

If you want to take part, please post your timezone and when you have time. The current plan is something like 10:00 to 12:00 GMT but we might need to move it a bit. If you need a ship, we can prepare it for you. If you come with your own ship, please tell us it's class.

1. I can join at 13:00 or 14:00, timezone UTC+3, no promises, though.
2. I can come with starter interceptor, but i'll try to get a better ship today.
3. I can try to get guys from RSP join, but no promises again.
Manters
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby Manters » Fri May 20, 2016 7:02 am

Hm... I should be able to be there operating on GMT so no real excuses. :D

But anyway, a couple of questions regarding other things. I was thinking of trying to make some character sprites for other species. So, where are the human sprites found in the game files? (For reference, format, size, etc.)

I linked up my phone to the forums now, so I should be more active. ;)
User avatar
Srul
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:32 pm
Location: Clown Planet
Contact:

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby Srul » Fri May 20, 2016 7:11 am

Manters wrote:But anyway, a couple of questions regarding other things. I was thinking of trying to make some character sprites for other species. So, where are the human sprites found in the game files? (For reference, format, size, etc.)

Open Tachyon.jar with any archiver, and search in mobs folder
kcd.Spektor
Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:21 am

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby kcd.Spektor » Fri May 20, 2016 11:15 am

Just noticed that I've left a piece of debug code in the a0.4.4 version.

Guess I'll be releasing a0.4.5 now :(
User avatar
Srul
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:32 pm
Location: Clown Planet
Contact:

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby Srul » Fri May 20, 2016 12:04 pm

kcd.Spektor wrote:Just noticed that I've left a piece of debug code in the a0.4.4 version.

Guess I'll be releasing a0.4.5 now :(

Image
kcd.Spektor
Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:21 am

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby kcd.Spektor » Fri May 20, 2016 12:08 pm

Well 0.4.5 is out,
Let's see how long it will last till I need to release 0.4.6. :|

Also this new version does have something new.

Change-log:

1. Chat is now visible in the server console.
2. You can now send global chat messages from server console
EmpressLexi
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:09 am
Location: Imperia

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby EmpressLexi » Fri May 20, 2016 12:38 pm

Been trying to come up with a few missile weapons and one new weapon, just to see how it'd go and I'm not too sure about them, what do you guys think?

ImageImageImage
kcd.Spektor
Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:21 am

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby kcd.Spektor » Fri May 20, 2016 12:39 pm

EmpressLexi wrote:Been trying to come up with a few missile weapons and one new weapon, just to see how it'd go and I'm not too sure about them, what do you guys think?

ImageImageImage


Looks cool.
jrb00001
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:22 pm

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby jrb00001 » Fri May 20, 2016 4:31 pm

kcd.Spektor wrote:1. Did the game crash, or it's just some stacktraces?
2. I won't be able to fix any bugs if I can't replicate them myself.
And for that I need you to tell me what was done prior to the bug occurence(you did a loca/hyper jump, you opened a dorr, sent chat msg, etc...)

The game did crash or freeze after that stacktraces. It happens randomly between 10 seconds and 30 minutes (perhaps even more) after a restart (and connect) of the client. It does not seem to make a difference whether I am doing nothing or playing normally. The game might have continued to work after the first stacktrace, but it crashed on the second one every time (and the first one is not there most of the time). The third one seems to happen on exit of the jvm.
jrb00001
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:22 pm

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby jrb00001 » Fri May 20, 2016 4:50 pm

kcd.Spektor wrote:Well 0.4.5 is out,
Let's see how long it will last till I need to release 0.4.6. :|

And where can I download it? The version from itch.io says a0.4.4.
kcd.Spektor wrote:Also this new version does have something new.

Change-log:

1. Chat is now visible in the server console.
2. You can now send global chat messages from server console

Great!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests