I am as excited about this update as you are. (Perhaps even more)
I'm just finishing some important thigs.
1. I've made the new Fire extinguishing animation for humans.
(Sorry Srul I couldn't resize propperly the one you have made)
2. Remember that Bug I wrote earlier.
Well it's appearing for me during tests almost every time.
Bad new is that I have absolutely no idea what is causing this, Seems to be something wrong with the network library that I'm using.
So I cant fix that dam thing.
Good news is that It does not crash the server. Only the client breaks when it encounters it.
Also this bug happens exactly at the "Downloading server data phase".
So you might get easily confused that it's actually downloading the data(and as if it just takes too long), but it's actually long dead.
3. So I'm going to add a custom info message to when this bug occurs so that you know that you need to restart the client.
4. Then I will upload the new release.
5. I just hope that JRB will be here to update the alpha server.
Also I'm not sure if there will be point in using jrb's game launcher, because from a0.4 you can't easily add new ships to the game.
(or rather you shouldn't do this because it can make a huge game disballance)