Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
kcd.Spektor

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby kcd.Spektor » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:11 pm

Srul wrote:
kcd.Spektor wrote:Anyone knows where to find some free to use space backgrounds?

Search here

Thanks man.
That really helped.
I never would have thought of searching there.
The_Bear

Postby The_Bear » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:13 pm

kcd.Spektor wrote:Anyone knows where to find some free to use space backgrounds?

You could ask the guy who made better plantets and backgrounds.
MikieRpg

Postby MikieRpg » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:27 pm

kcd.Spektor wrote:
Anyone knows where to find some free to use space backgrounds?

Search here

Thanks man.
That really helped.
I never would have thought of searching there.

That was hilarious XD #GooglingWithBing
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:20 pm

Latest update:

1. Finished adding the possibility to send messages to players anywhere.
In chat start the message with /to <RECEIVER NAME> and it will be sent to the player if he is online.
Example: /to Spektor Hello.

Just one more thing left to be done before the next release. :)
Srul

Postby Srul » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:23 pm

kcd.Spektor wrote:Latest update:

1. Finished adding the possibility to send messages to players anywhere.
In chat start the message with /to <RECEIVER NAME> and it will be sent to the player if he is online.
Example: /to Spektor Hello.

Just one more thing left to be done before the next release. :)

/to kcd.Spektor DO THIS THING FASTER! I CAN'T WAIT!
The_Bear

Postby The_Bear » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:44 pm

kcd.Spektor wrote:Just one more thing left to be done before the next release. :)

And I haven't done anything with kestrel 2.0 since last time I posted it, I better start working on it again.
The_Bear

Postby The_Bear » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:33 pm

The_Bear wrote:Idea: A hyper drive that use more fuel/energi but charges and travels faster.
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:13 pm

The_Bear wrote:Idea: A hyper drive that use more fuel/energi but charges and travels faster.

The amount of energy needed for the hyper jump is dependent on the ship's jump weight(you can look it up, it was in the thread somewhere).
Better hyperdrives have more power(higher max charge rate) - so that makes them use more power per tick but they will charge faster.
MikieRpg

Postby MikieRpg » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:57 pm

Speaking 'bout hyper drives, perhaps you could add race specialized drives(This is probably gonna be something in the far future, if at all) Like for the Cyborg race they have a very slow HDrive with medium range, but heals hull points every jump(Maybe 2 per jump?) The spider Hdrive could be similar to FTL's Weapons Pre-igniter(Maybe only 10 weapon power bars get instantly charged, so its not too overpowered) The AI HD, i have no idea for XD, The human would be standard 1 energy 1 speed, the Energy creature HDrive would be the most efficient, costing little energy and charging faster.
All these are just me speculating XD it's up to you and if so i expect these to be out soon, or even similar to what i described.
But hurry up and 0.4, im tired of waiting XD(no rush really :lol: )
:ugeek:
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:54 am

MikieRpg wrote:Speaking 'bout hyper drives, perhaps you could add race specialized drives(This is probably gonna be something in the far future, if at all) Like for the Cyborg race they have a very slow HDrive with medium range, but heals hull points every jump(Maybe 2 per jump?)

With such a HD you could just jump back and forth between 2 levels and quickly heal up to full for free. Remember there's no fuel consumption in Tachyon. :)

The spider Hdrive could be similar to FTL's Weapons Pre-igniter(Maybe only 10 weapon power bars get instantly charged, so its not too overpowered)

Preigniter is also kinda pointless because you can just make a jump after you have charged all of your weapons.
And I don't think that making all weapons loose charge when you jump is a good idea, because in this case you have the chance to arrive into a sector where another player is camping with weapons fully charged.
Decharging all weapons of everyone in the sector whenever someone enter's it - is an option, but a really weird one :)

Energy creature HDrive would be the most efficient, costing little energy and charging faster.
All these are just me speculating XD it's up to you and if so i expect these to be out soon, or even similar to what i described.

Basically anyone can make his own HD model and add it to the server.
This way you can create HD's that charge faster or slower, have more or less HP, etc.
And you can name them like they are Race related.

But hurry up and 0.4, im tired of waiting XD(no rush really :lol: )
:ugeek:

Though there's only 1 point left on the TODO list, it's the most important one for the release.
It is about adding the content to the game.
Making all the events: meeting RAIs, shops, mineable asteroids, pirates, RAI stations, and so on.

Also yesterday I had a great idea on how to drastically improove the "Downloading server data" phase of the game so I'll add it to the TODO list :D