Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
The_Bear
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:57 pm

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby The_Bear » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:01 pm

kcd.Spektor wrote:
The_Bear wrote:There has been days since I encountered an AI, and when I finally met one it was glitched.
So what I am saying is that AI almost never spawn(is it stars only or something?) and they can spawn with 0 hp.

Where did you find this one?

It was in 500:499 (not there now)
Also how did you find him if his hp is 0 and he's invisible?

The ship icon thing was there.
kcd.Spektor
Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:21 am

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby kcd.Spektor » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:36 pm

The_Bear wrote:It was in 500:499 (not there now)
The ship icon thing was there.


That's really strange.
As far as I know - random ships don't spawn with 0 hp :)
kcd.Spektor
Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:21 am

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby kcd.Spektor » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:44 am

Updated the TODO list.
The_Bear
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:57 pm

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby The_Bear » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:34 pm

Idea: If a ship gets attacked with nobody on or if everyone is offline the ship will defend itself like an AI but won't repair systems unless you have drones to do so(when they get added). This way when someone *cough* EmpressLexi *cough* attacks your ship you can survive.
kcd.Spektor
Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:21 am

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby kcd.Spektor » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:56 pm

The_Bear wrote:Idea: If a ship gets attacked with nobody on or if everyone is offline the ship will defend itself like an AI but won't repair systems unless you have drones to do so(when they get added). This way when someone *cough* EmpressLexi *cough* attacks your ship you can survive.

I'm planning on adding an AI Core system.
Which you can install on your ship, (and it will have that blob thingy visible on the ship's hull)
and then you can configure different types of AI algorithms to work on your ship.
This also means that you potentially could have your own fleet of AI ships. :mrgreen:

P.S.
I really like that there's a bit of a battle going on with you two :)
EmpressLexi
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:09 am
Location: Imperia

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby EmpressLexi » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:44 pm

Again bear, I haven't attacked you in ages -w-

don't make me bite your face
The_Bear
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:57 pm

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby The_Bear » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:19 pm

EmpressLexi wrote:Again bear, I haven't attacked you in ages -w-

Even though the war ended the conflict didn't.

kcd.Spektor wrote:I'm planning on adding an AI Core system.
Which you can install on your ship, (and it will have that blob thingy visible on the ship's hull)
and then you can configure different types of AI algorithms to work on your ship.
This also means that you potentially could have your own fleet of AI ships. :mrgreen:

Can I make it attack *cough* EmpressLexi *cough* someone at sight?
kcd.Spektor
Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:21 am

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby kcd.Spektor » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:12 am

The_Bear wrote:Can I make it attack *cough* EmpressLexi *cough* someone at sight?

Yes.
But remember that your enemy can do the same :)
The_Bear
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:57 pm

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby The_Bear » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:28 pm

I am going away so if anyone wants they can work on kestrel 2.0 while I am gone.
Image
Just take colors from the original kestrel.
User avatar
Srul
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:32 pm
Location: Clown Planet
Contact:

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby Srul » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:35 pm

Made another ship. Though, this is not a ship. It's a freaking portable station!

Image

In ship editor :

Image

Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests