[MOD][WIP] FTL: Overdrive

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
gigimoi

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL: Overdrive

Postby gigimoi » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:40 am

> Any plans on getting this on linux?

Yes, there will be, at minimum, a Debian package and Linux binaries.
thomasfn

Postby thomasfn » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:21 pm

Davesoft wrote:I'm very new to github though, any good method of getting visual studio and github to mesh nicely like vss? :)

I just use TortoiseGIT, it doesn't plugin to VS or anything but you don't really need that - once you make an edit and want to commit, just tab out to windows explorer and right click -> push.

Nazerath wrote:Hi. I was checking out your post and I noticed you mentioned needing a logo? I am a Graphic designer (or working on becoming one ;) ), I wouldn't mind helping out. If you could email me at jackienealbaker@gmail.com and give me some ideas of what your looking for. Colors you like, content, size, etc.

I don't really have any ideas as such (other than the crappy one I made in 5 minutes for the OP) so maybe you can just experiment with ideas until you get something that looks good ;)
daysanew

Postby daysanew » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:37 am

I have a bit of C# experience (though professionally I do interface and integration development in a total different language) and am interested in helping out. I've never done much game programming so I have a bit of learning to do in that aspect.

I was checking out the project earlier but am having trouble getting it to compile (it's having problems reading the file path to the game directory). I'll mess around with it some more tomorrow.

Anyway if you're still looking for some help and have a few easier task (or bugs) to help me get my feet wet just let send me an email. Thank!
nosfsos

Postby nosfsos » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:10 pm

Hey thomasfn,

I'm new to modding and have some basic knowledge of c# and few other programming language. I would love to experiment with the code you provided, to try to understand how it works and maybe contribute in the future when I'm more confortable with the code, but I'm having problems making it work.

i have visual studio 2012 ultimate from msdn aa and downloaded your sorce, but I cant get it to work. I get a cmd window pop up that closes very quickly. Do I need anything else? (I also have the game ofc).

You mention in the OP that I need the game files in order to make it work, where should I put them?

I'm sorry to bother you with this noob questions, i'm sure i wont be an asset to the project for a while, but i would really apreciate if you could guide me through this first steps, then I'll try to keep going by myself.

sorry for my bad english, it's not my first language ;)
daysanew

Postby daysanew » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:52 pm

Yea I found the setting.ini file and added my path to the game, but it's chocking up when pulling it from the file, I think it's because there is a space in the file path. I'll mess around with it some more today.
daysanew

Postby daysanew » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:34 pm

Got it, was using \ instead of /
marksteele

Postby marksteele » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:48 pm

Nice to see this project is alive and well, keep it going guys ^.^
Kaimar

Postby Kaimar » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:32 am

So I was busy with my semester and all. But Now that I have a week to relax. I finaly made it. I designed it a long time ago for something else but I had no use of it. So from paper a bad drawing with notes begame this.
I will be making something better in the next week. With 3D stuff in photoshop and so one. Since I dont like tutorials and like to do stuff myself, it will take some time to figure out. So yeah I hope you like it. I still have the layerd PS save so if you have ideas what to change or add or remove what ever let me know. I can change the font if you find something better on the net or just some old classical font. So yeah I hope you like it.
Kaimar

Postby Kaimar » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:38 pm

I had so much freetime I finished the second one too.
But I made it little too big. Like 1920x1080. So you can set it as a desktop background.
If you want that I can email it.
But heres the smaller sized version too 680x382
thomasfn

Postby thomasfn » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:18 pm

I like the second one better.

I only really need something for the header of this thread anyway, and something small but recognisable which can be used in signatures or whatever (aka just the text part). Chances are the main menu of the game will continue to look like the vanilla game, though I can try using that and see how it looks.