[MOD][WIP] FTL: Overdrive

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
father_walker
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:22 pm

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL: Overdrive

Postby father_walker » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:39 pm

Surfpup wrote:I think it's a nice idea, but the game has been out for less than 2 weeks. What if the devs suddenly decide that they do want to implement better modding support? I would at least wait a month or two before doing something as ambitious as rewriting the game from scratch. Although I'm sure the process of developing this will be a fun learning process.


Yeah, good point. As much as I'd love to see Overdrive finished, I think that you've set the bar pretty high for yourself. I think it's much more probable that we'll see some official modding support before this project is finished (if ever).
thomasfn
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:04 pm

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL: Overdrive

Postby thomasfn » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:56 pm

DiEvAl wrote:Library.cs, line 85:

Code: Select all

public List<string> Weapons { get; set; }

Shouldn't it be List<Weapon>?


That could work, but I decided to use strings and lookup the weapon from the library when needed as it means mods can easily use weapons from other mods (since one mod won't have access to the weapon object added by another).



father_walker wrote:
Surfpup wrote:I think it's a nice idea, but the game has been out for less than 2 weeks. What if the devs suddenly decide that they do want to implement better modding support? I would at least wait a month or two before doing something as ambitious as rewriting the game from scratch. Although I'm sure the process of developing this will be a fun learning process.


Yeah, good point. As much as I'd love to see Overdrive finished, I think that you've set the bar pretty high for yourself. I think it's much more probable that we'll see some official modding support before this project is finished (if ever).


It is an ambitious project, I agree - and if the dev teams magically produces a mod API out of somewhere or this project otherwise becomes obsolete then I'll discontinue it. But I'm sure I read somewhere that they said a modding API is unlikely to happen any time soon (though I may have pulled that out of my arse).
DiEvAl
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:46 pm

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL: Overdrive

Postby DiEvAl » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:16 pm

Can there be more than 1 active StateInfo?
thomasfn
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:04 pm

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL: Overdrive

Postby thomasfn » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:19 pm

DiEvAl wrote:Can there be more than 1 active StateInfo?


You can have multiple states active at any given time by using Root.Singleton.mgrState.Activate<MyStateName>();

FSMTransist basically deactivates the current "main" state and activates the one you specify (such as moving from main menu state to new game state). For example, the main menu and options states are both active at once when the user clicks the options button.

You can only have one of each state active at a time though. StateInfos are just used internally by the state manager.
marksteele
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:32 pm

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL: Overdrive

Postby marksteele » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:36 pm

they stated on their support forum thingy in many places that modding support was unlikely to happen.
Alextrapolate
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:01 am

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL: Overdrive

Postby Alextrapolate » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:09 am

I've done quite abit of lua, and I'd love to help getting the vanilla mod finished if there is room for me.
thomasfn
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:04 pm

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL: Overdrive

Postby thomasfn » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:45 pm

Alextrapolate wrote:I've done quite abit of lua, and I'd love to help getting the vanilla mod finished if there is room for me.


Sure! There are probably enough bindings to get a fair amount of work done on that, and if you're feeling adventurous you could add bindings and such for achievements and events and stuff.
DiEvAl
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:46 pm

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL: Overdrive

Postby DiEvAl » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:56 pm

When I try to run it, I get this exception:
[spoiler]

Code: Select all

System.IO.FileLoadException was unhandled
  Message=Сборка для смешанного режима построена на основе версии "v2.0.50727" среды выполнения и не может быть загружена в среде выполнения 4.0 без дополнительных конфигурационных данных.
  Source=LuaInterface
  StackTrace:
       в LuaInterface.Lua..ctor()
       в FTLOverdrive.Client.Gamestate.ModdingAPI.OnActivate() в D:\FTL\ftl-overdrive\Client\Gamestate\ModdingAPI.cs:строка 20
       в FTLOverdrive.Client.Gamestate.StateController.StateInfo.Activate() в D:\FTL\ftl-overdrive\Client\Gamestate\StateController.cs:строка 18
       в FTLOverdrive.Client.Gamestate.StateController.Activate[T]() в D:\FTL\ftl-overdrive\Client\Gamestate\StateController.cs:строка 55
       в FTLOverdrive.Client.Root.Init() в D:\FTL\ftl-overdrive\Client\Root.cs:строка 173
       в FTLOverdrive.Client.Program.Main(String[] args) в D:\FTL\ftl-overdrive\Client\Program.cs:строка 12
       в System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String[] args)
       в System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
       в Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
       в System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
       в System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
       в System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       в System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
  InnerException:
[/spoiler]
Translation: "Mixed mode assembly is built against version 'v2.0.50727' of the runtime and cannot be loaded in the 4.0 runtime without additional configuration information."

EDIT: Fixed it by adding "useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true"" to app.config.
SSk77
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:09 pm

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL: Overdrive

Postby SSk77 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:45 pm

Please, register and post your mod here:

http://ftlmods.forumeiro.com/
thomasfn
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:04 pm

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL: Overdrive

Postby thomasfn » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:15 pm

DiEvAl wrote:When I try to run it, I get this exception:
[spoiler]

Code: Select all

System.IO.FileLoadException was unhandled
  Message=Сборка для смешанного режима построена на основе версии "v2.0.50727" среды выполнения и не может быть загружена в среде выполнения 4.0 без дополнительных конфигурационных данных.
  Source=LuaInterface
  StackTrace:
       в LuaInterface.Lua..ctor()
       в FTLOverdrive.Client.Gamestate.ModdingAPI.OnActivate() в D:\FTL\ftl-overdrive\Client\Gamestate\ModdingAPI.cs:строка 20
       в FTLOverdrive.Client.Gamestate.StateController.StateInfo.Activate() в D:\FTL\ftl-overdrive\Client\Gamestate\StateController.cs:строка 18
       в FTLOverdrive.Client.Gamestate.StateController.Activate[T]() в D:\FTL\ftl-overdrive\Client\Gamestate\StateController.cs:строка 55
       в FTLOverdrive.Client.Root.Init() в D:\FTL\ftl-overdrive\Client\Root.cs:строка 173
       в FTLOverdrive.Client.Program.Main(String[] args) в D:\FTL\ftl-overdrive\Client\Program.cs:строка 12
       в System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String[] args)
       в System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
       в Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
       в System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
       в System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
       в System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       в System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
  InnerException:
[/spoiler]
Translation: "Mixed mode assembly is built against version 'v2.0.50727' of the runtime and cannot be loaded in the 4.0 runtime without additional configuration information."

EDIT: Fixed it by adding "useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true"" to app.config.


Hmm that's strange, I recompiled LuaInterface for .NET 4 and provided the binaries in the repo. Maybe yours defaulted to an older LuaInterface for some reason. Oh well, thanks for letting me know.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 47 guests