[MOD][WIP] FTL: Overdrive

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
John Luke Pack Hard

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL: Overdrive

Postby John Luke Pack Hard » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:44 pm

Yep, I don't think he realizes it yet, but thomasfn now has a willing and capable coding team.
thomasfn

Postby thomasfn » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:27 am

Kiloku wrote:Hey Thomas. I just downloaded the source code, and I'm a Game Developer with experience in C#. Is there some way to join the project in an organized fashion or should I just work on whatever I like?

I don't think anyone is working on any feature in particular at the moment, so have a look through and see if you can find something you'd be comfortable improving.

I feel as if I should open a forum or at least a wiki or something so that developers can collaborate on such matters.
Grognak

Postby Grognak » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:36 pm

The last commit was in mid-October. Is this project still being worked on?
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:03 am

I don't even understand what this mod does, I'm sorry but I'm confused right now. Couldn't someone explain to me so I am not confused
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Grognak

Postby Grognak » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:01 am

FTL currently doesn't have amazing mod support. This project plans to rewrite FTL from scratch to make it more flexible for mod developers.
Ebithril

Postby Ebithril » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:29 am

Awesome idea's man!
I am really looknig forward to how this works out!
To bad the developer didn't add thsi from the start. :(
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:22 pm

Grognak wrote:FTL currently doesn't have amazing mod support. This project plans to rewrite FTL from scratch to make it more flexible for mod developers.

Ah I get it now
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
jagged

Postby jagged » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:26 pm

Hi,

why you dont think about webtechnology? WebGL or canvas is easy to use and its is more easy to add JS or change CSS files for modification. It will run on any operation systems.

Regards,
jagged.
John Luke Pack Hard

Postby John Luke Pack Hard » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:59 am

OK, so my games have gotten boring and with the end of a college semester on hand I've reached a dead week.

I'm installing [s]LINQPad[/s] Visual C# Studio and beginning to run FTL:Overdrive on it to figure out how what works, what needs to be completed, etc....

UPDATE: Visual C# downloaded, source code downloaded. How do I run it?

UPDATE 2: Its running! Its also a tad... lacking... but that's what I was here for eh?
John Luke Pack Hard

Postby John Luke Pack Hard » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:44 am

Now that I've gotten it to run, I'm starting to read the code to figure out how it works.

Once I've figured it out, I'll start writing a wiki to help ease the transition for new modders who want to jump on and contribute.

So far, not much has been completed. Only three buttons on the main menu work, and the hangar is half-implemented with some parts not yet implemented and other parts inconsistent. Starting the game will only bring up a galaxy map with which you cannot interact with.