Which looks better? (UPDATED)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
FederationScumX1999

Which looks better? (UPDATED)

Postby FederationScumX1999 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:09 am

Currently, I'm working on the hull image for the Lanius Destroyer, which is between the Lanius Cruiser and Lanius Bomber in terms of capabilities and overall size. At the moment, I'm pondering which of two images would be best to go with. What do you guys think though?

UPDATE: Revised the hull image according to feedback I got so far and observations, as shown in Exhibit C. I think it might be the perfect middle ground between A and B in giving the ship the right sense of bulk without being too chubby.

Exhibit A: Singular inner hull

Exhibit B: Trilateral inner hull

Exhibit C: Revised inner hull/Engines

Last edited by FederationScumX1999 on Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The future hinges on each of a thousand choices. Living is making choices! - Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Chrono Vortex

Re: Which looks better?

Postby Chrono Vortex » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:58 am

Definitely the first one, stuff doesn't usually go between the angled blade things.
This sort of thing usually goes in the previews from the impatient thread to reduce clutter in mod development. I'm not trying to chew you out or anything, just letting you know.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
FederationScumX1999

Postby FederationScumX1999 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:07 am

Chrono Vortex wrote:Definitely the first one, stuff doesn't usually go between the angled blade things.
This sort of thing usually goes in the previews from the impatient thread to reduce clutter in mod development. I'm not trying to chew you out or anything, just letting you know.

I can see what ya mean, though I do feel B's added inner hull gives the ship a nice bulky span that distracts away from the tall center.

Also, yeah, I ended up realizing that after the fact when I stumbled upon the thread. Whoops.
The future hinges on each of a thousand choices. Living is making choices! - Captain Jean-Luc Picard
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:11 am

I preffer the second, however I would like more edits to occur.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
FederationScumX1999

Postby FederationScumX1999 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:47 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:I preffer the second, however I would like more edits to occur.

What do you recommend? Would it have something t do with the paneling in the central inner hull, or it just edging the two smaller inner hulls to give more of a curve?

EDIT: Actually, looking at the cruiser model, I just realized that it has engines in between the wings. Might be just the right piece needed for this as well.
R4V3-0N

Re: Which looks better? (UPDATED)

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:54 pm

was gonna say more spines near the rear/mid area.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
TaxiService

Postby TaxiService » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:07 pm

Definitely not C. A probably makes more sense, but I like B the most.

looking at the cruiser model, I just realized that it has engines in between the wings. Might be just the right piece needed for this as well.

I look forward to see how it turns out!
ImageImageImageImageImage
FederationScumX1999

Postby FederationScumX1999 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:31 pm

TaxiService wrote:Definitely not C. A probably makes more sense, but I like B the most.

looking at the cruiser model, I just realized that it has engines in between the wings. Might be just the right piece needed for this as well.

I look forward to see how it turns out!

Sorry to disappoint ya, but I ended up going with C along with other changes as can be seen in my Lanius Destroyer thread.

Admittedly, I did like Exhibit B which I may yet incorporate into a different layout. However, the current design is satisfactory to me in terms of resembling a ship between the Cruiser and Bomber in design, size, and suiting the status of being a super-capital ship.
TaxiService

Postby TaxiService » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:20 am

Yeah... i noticed a short time after i made that post. XD i should get out of Mod Development more often.

EDIT: what th-- i just realised i fucked up the order of ships >.< it should've been like this:
- definitely not A
- C probably makes the most sense
- but i like B a lot.
for some reason i thought A was C. o_o anyhow good work there : P
ImageImageImageImageImage