[SHIP IDEA] That's a Moon!

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
stylesrj

[SHIP IDEA] That's a Moon!

Postby stylesrj » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:07 pm

Hey look another suggestion for a ship design. Maybe I should create a thread for this.
This time, I was thinking "Man, I want to title one of my FTL runs with "Fly me to the Moon" or something" and then I realised... "Hey why not have a ship that is a moon?"

I'm not saying Death Star here, but something like taking our moon and strapping an engine to it. Or better yet, the Moon from Space 1999, with Eagle Drones for support (and hundreds of Drone Parts since they never seem to run out of them). Wouldn't be out of place in FTL.

Don't question why the Moon is the size of a cruiser. We're flying planets here because it'd look cool (speaking of which, maybe Mars and Mercury could be done as well. Mars can shoot Phobos and Deimos constantly like flak.)
Chrono Vortex

Re: [SHIP IDEA] That's a Moon!

Postby Chrono Vortex » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:16 am

Have you considered doing this yourself? Or for that matter doing any other of your ship ideas yourself (those that you haven't actually made of course)? If you do there's a higher chance of them actually getting made and other people don't have to do them for you.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:18 am

Chrono Vortex wrote:Have you considered doing this yourself? Or for that matter doing any other of your ship ideas yourself? If you do there's a higher chance of them actually getting made and other people don't have to do them for you.

I have considered it. But I like throwing these ideas out there in case someone else who's looking for a ship idea goes "Oh that sounds like a good idea!" and makes it as well... and better than what I could come up with.
Chrono Vortex

Postby Chrono Vortex » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:46 am

I did a little bit of research and I don't think anything that could fit on the screen could technically be considered a moon.

You could make some kind of asteroid with engines strapped to it though, but something like that has already been done.

I know I spelled Kestrel wrong, but I'm not gonna redo that entire thing to fix it.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:12 am

What about part of a moon?
Hmmm...
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:57 am

And...

Moonbase Alpha! Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/d8ne6 ... onbase.ftl

Yeah it's really bad. But hey I tried something.

Comes with 4 Humans and 199 Drones. And it has 4 Eagle Drones which will kick the butt out of anything in any sector. Why so many Drone parts? Because have you ever seen Moonbase Alpha ever run out of those Eagles?
Replaces Federation A
TaxiService

Postby TaxiService » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:55 pm

LOL

dude, make it so that the left side of the screen is filled up by the moon image, then it'd be perfect!
ImageImageImageImageImage
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:18 pm

The problem is that when the game zooms out for an FTL jump, it shows the top and bottom as well. And that was the largest picture of Moonbase Alpha I could find.