Star Trek WIP Hulls (Updated 03/05/16 - Steamrunner WIP images)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Crazybat

Star Trek WIP Hulls (Updated 03/05/16 - Steamrunner WIP images)

Postby Crazybat » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:25 pm

Hello!

Been lurking for a while, leeching off of the fruits of Captain's Edition, Infinite Space and whatnot, and finally felt it was time to give back. I'm currently working on two Star Trek-based mods at the moment - the Sovereign Class cruiser, as seen in the TNG movies, and the Akira Class destroyer, seen in DS9/First Contact.
-Update 30/04/2016-
Akira Pack is now complete and posted on the Working Mods forum along with the Sovereign Pack. Not sure what I'll turn to next, if I do anything at all - I have Nebula, Galaxy and Ambassador class images ready for editing.
Get the Sovereign Class Pack: http://www.mediafire.com/download/12jejgrn5ako8zo/Sovereign+Class.zip
Last edited by Crazybat on Tue May 03, 2016 12:21 am, edited 8 times in total.
Crazybat

Re: Star Trek Sovereign/Akira Classes

Postby Crazybat » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:59 pm

Updating with a WIP Sovereign layout B image. I'm thinking some kind of Section 31 stealth cruiser?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:01 am

Crazybat wrote:Also, I've been having this tiny issue in Photoshop - I'm attempting to replicate that reddish/orange background glow that all the ships/mini icons have, in order to make the mod seem more authentic. However, all my attempts at creating it just seem...off. If anyone else here uses Photoshop, could you please let me know what kinds of settings and colour values you use? Any advice is much appreciated!

I don't know about photoshop but in Gimp there is the "drop shadow" filter that can do this ship glow just fine, 0,0 offset, blur radius 20 and about 50%opacity and it looks just like vanilla. You can pick the colour from any original ship image, they all use the same glow colour. I guess you could also select the ships outline, invert select, bucket fill that on a new layer, place that layer behind your ship and then use gausian blur to create a glow...

Googling "how to add glow with photoshop" might actually bring up some useful tutorials from the looks of it, but I haven't come across a straight forward methode like in Gimp yet. I'm sure there is one. *shrug*

Nice ship hulls by the way. :)
theDoomBox

Postby theDoomBox » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:53 pm

Hmm, interesting you mention ship glows in Photoshop as TaxiService just did a tutorial on how to make them.
TaxiService

Postby TaxiService » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:54 pm

i think he was the person that requested it in the first place :P He posted the same question in the inquiry thread. Here's a link to it anyway for good measure. I guess it could be added to the tutorials list? i could eventually make a thread with my findings and tutorials, if they get consistent in number. ...even if i'm not that great at speaking in english, or in general..! :V Sharing knowledge is all that matters to me.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Abs

Postby Abs » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:02 pm

Cool looking ships! Can't wait to be able to play with them. :)

Abs
Click to go to the mod's facebook page for the latest updates!
Crazybat

Postby Crazybat » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:01 am

Updated first post with download link for Sovereign Layout A
DinosaurDino

Postby DinosaurDino » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:28 pm

I don't know if if's intentional, but you can't get crew out of the piloting room. There are no doors.
Crazybat

Postby Crazybat » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:23 pm

I know - I quickly updated it as soon as I found the error. Sorry that it slipped my mind - stupid mistake. You can redownload.
DinosaurDino

Postby DinosaurDino » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:30 pm

It's working as it should be. Nice job.