Simple hull request

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Fergulous
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:29 am

Simple hull request

Postby Fergulous » Mon May 18, 2015 4:29 am

So, I'm not entirely sure if this is where a post like this would go, but I would like someone to make a hull and gibs for that hull, so, what I want is basically just the Kestrel A but with the Federation type B color scheme. I can't do this on my own because I suck at gibs and hulls.

And, of course, I will fully credit whoever makes this hull and these gibs.
User avatar
R4V3-0N
Posts: 1289
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:44 am
Location: Last Federation Fleet
Contact:

Re: Simple hull request

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon May 18, 2015 5:31 am

I... could take a gander at it.

Would you like the FTL: Captains edition Militia logo on it as well?
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Fergulous
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:29 am

Re: Simple hull request

Postby Fergulous » Mon May 18, 2015 10:12 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:I... could take a gander at it.

Would you like the FTL: Captains edition Militia logo on it as well?


Thanks, that would help a lot.

I don't want the Captains Edition militia logo on it though.
Fergulous
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:29 am

Re: Simple hull request

Postby Fergulous » Thu May 21, 2015 3:39 am

Bump in case anyone is still interested in helping me.
User avatar
R4V3-0N
Posts: 1289
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:44 am
Location: Last Federation Fleet
Contact:

Re: Simple hull request

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu May 21, 2015 10:47 am

Imagehttp://imgur.com/xwJqx6W

The image for the hull is done. I am going to do gibs tomorrow however I wanted you to know that I am working on it and not dozing off over here. It may be a bit rough as I haven't actually made a hull in months, I've been mighty busy and this was a good opportunity to make one. (I've been making weapons recently)

I tried to capture the gradients of the kestrel on the vanilla one.

Hope you like it so far.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Fergulous
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:29 am

Re: Simple hull request

Postby Fergulous » Thu May 21, 2015 10:15 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:Imagehttp://imgur.com/xwJqx6W

The image for the hull is done. I am going to do gibs tomorrow however I wanted you to know that I am working on it and not dozing off over here. It may be a bit rough as I haven't actually made a hull in months, I've been mighty busy and this was a good opportunity to make one. (I've been making weapons recently)

I tried to capture the gradients of the kestrel on the vanilla one.

Hope you like it so far.


Thanks! Can't wait until the miniship/gibs are done.
User avatar
R4V3-0N
Posts: 1289
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:44 am
Location: Last Federation Fleet
Contact:

Re: Simple hull request

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri May 22, 2015 11:54 am

Miniship may vary on time, gibs may take a bit of time as well.

For now make your ship using the hall I supplied and then use the normal kestrel parts as a place holder.
The gibs I will send will be the same size, so all you have to do is hopefully change 1 letter/ number in the few lines of code to switch it over. for eg...
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Fergulous
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:29 am

Re: Simple hull request

Postby Fergulous » Fri May 22, 2015 10:18 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:Miniship may vary on time, gibs may take a bit of time as well.

For now make your ship using the hull I supplied and then use the normal kestrel parts as a place holder.
The gibs I will send will be the same size, so all you have to do is hopefully change 1 letter/ number in the few lines of code to switch it over. for eg...


Alright. I have actually invented a placeholder for gibs, which I call "Gib Cheating". You basically just use the hull image as the only gib and have it drift off.
User avatar
stylesrj
Posts: 3645
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:54 am
Location: The Shrike
Contact:

Re: Simple hull request

Postby stylesrj » Fri May 22, 2015 11:47 pm

Fergulous wrote:
Alright. I have actually invented a placeholder for gibs, which I call "Gib Cheating". You basically just use the hull image as the only gib and have it drift off.


You could make some effort and have it split into two at a point somewhere.

Or...

You take the ship image, then grab the images of regular Kestrel gibs. Paste the whole Kestrel over the image of the gibs (be sure to line up the images exactly) and make it invisible. Then you select the gib parts that are grey or orange (ignore the rubble pieces) and make the Kestrel visible. Invert your selection, select the Kestrel layer and hit delete.

The Kestrel will be gone but what should remain is your gib painted in the colours of the green Kestrel.
This will work for most vanilla ships, except for the Federation Cruiser. That sneaky bugger's engine nacelles and their gibs ruin those easy plans...
User avatar
R4V3-0N
Posts: 1289
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:44 am
Location: Last Federation Fleet
Contact:

Re: Simple hull request

Postby R4V3-0N » Sat May 23, 2015 5:06 am

Fergulous wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:Miniship may vary on time, gibs may take a bit of time as well.

For now make your ship using the hull I supplied and then use the normal kestrel parts as a place holder.
The gibs I will send will be the same size, so all you have to do is hopefully change 1 letter/ number in the few lines of code to switch it over. for eg...


Alright. I have actually invented a placeholder for gibs, which I call "Gib Cheating". You basically just use the hull image as the only gib and have it drift off.

Yea, you can do the above instead and do it yourself, I already did the 'hard part' and the gibs is the slightly annoying easy part. I am not turning down the offer to help however it will help you being a better modder and eventually do it yourself.

I will do the miniship now.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests