Can't locate data.dat

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
zaphod_

Can't locate data.dat

Postby zaphod_ » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:17 pm

Hi, new to the forums here, with kind of a noobish question.

I've been playing FTL on mac for a while now, and would like to get into modding (nothing too serious). I've had difficulty finding both my FTL data.dat and resource.dat files. I have done many google searches, but it seems no one else has my problem. Does someone happen to know where they are on mac?
stylesrj

Re: Can't locate data.dat

Postby stylesrj » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:54 pm

zaphod_ wrote:Hi, new to the forums here, with kind of a noobish question.

I've been playing FTL on mac for a while now, and would like to get into modding (nothing too serious). I've had difficulty finding both my FTL data.dat and resource.dat files. I have done many google searches, but it seems no one else has my problem. Does someone happen to know where they are on mac?

Have you tried searching the FTL folder? As in, put data.dat in your search bar or whatever and look for it that way?

Then you need to have them unpacked (look up an unpacker) so you can get into the juicy files within for modding.
zaphod_

Postby zaphod_ » Fri May 01, 2015 12:23 am

stylesrj wrote:Have you tried searching the FTL folder? As in, put data.dat in your search bar or whatever and look for it that way?

Then you need to have them unpacked (look up an unpacker) so you can get into the juicy files within for modding.

I've done everything I can think of. I unhid all system files, tried multiple search techniques, and checked in all folders relating to FTL. Couldn't find anything.

Could a possible re-download of the game work?
MOMO

Postby MOMO » Fri May 01, 2015 12:49 am

Hello there I am a frequent ftl user and have had a hand in both mac and the PC gaming experience the location of the data.dat is quite simple first you right click on the ftl application and then choose the option show package contents there you will be guided to the inner folders in which you will see the dat.dat located in the resources foder.I have some pics to help guide you just in case you don't understand.
zaphod_

Postby zaphod_ » Fri May 01, 2015 2:22 am

MOMO wrote:Hello there I am a frequent ftl user and have had a hand in both mac and the PC gaming experience the location of the data.dat is quite simple first you right click on the ftl application and then choose the option show package contents there you will be guided to the inner folders in which you will see the dat.dat located in the resources foder.I have some pics to help guide you just in case you don't understand.

This is super helpful. Thank you so much.
MOMO

Postby MOMO » Fri May 01, 2015 2:38 am

:D You're welcome
HeroSmasher

Postby HeroSmasher » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:45 am

Hello there I am a frequent ftl user and have had a hand in both mac and the PC gaming experience the location of the data.dat is quite simple first you right click on the ftl application and then choose the option show package contents there you will be guided to the inner folders in which you will see the dat.dat located in the resources foder.I have some pics to help guide you just in case you don't understand.

How do I do this on PC?
HeroSmasher

Postby HeroSmasher » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:18 am

MOMO wrote:Hello there I am a frequent ftl user and have had a hand in both mac and the PC gaming experience the location of the data.dat is quite simple first you right click on the ftl application and then choose the option show package contents there you will be guided to the inner folders in which you will see the dat.dat located in the resources foder.I have some pics to help guide you just in case you don't understand.

How do I do this on PC? Figured Out how to quote people. :)