[MOD] [WIP] FTL: Otherspace

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
TheFallenAngel359

Re: [MOD] [WIP] FTL: Otherspace

Postby TheFallenAngel359 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:42 am

Surprisingly, development is going pretty well so far. I've got a small crew of people helping with everything from events to weapon sprites. I could always use more help though, especially in spriting, creating gibs, and translating to Python. So I - we - still have a long way to go.
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:45 pm

Fascinating.
I failed to see my projects to fruition, and I would hate to see another big project go to waste.
Good luck, and if you need assistance, I am always around on the IRC or via PM.
TheFallenAngel359

Postby TheFallenAngel359 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:43 pm

English Narwhal wrote:Fascinating.
I failed to see my projects to fruition, and I would hate to see another big project go to waste.

By "my projects," I assume that you mean IS2, and The Federation Strikes Back, both of which I was unaware that they had stopped development. If you have anything you want to contribute to the project, it would be greatly appreciated.
TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf

Postby TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:00 pm

I'm pretty fluent with python, but pygame on the other hand is not my strong point (and yes that is pretty ridiculous). I'm trying to get more fluent with it atm though, so I could help with translation (maybe), but I've only begun to learn c++ (or any other language exept a little Java). IDK, but I thought I would at least offer so what the hell.
TheFallenAngel359

Postby TheFallenAngel359 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:38 pm

Well, thanks for offering. It could sure as hell help. I don't know much about Python, but I would recommend that you take a look at Operation: Clonebay. Check out the specifications provided by preflex, and see what you can do.
TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf

Postby TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:44 pm

I've been watching clonebay like hawk. Seeing FTL come to all those platforms is super exiting to me (and also the fact ill be able to run it on my pi :D ).
TheFallenAngel359

Postby TheFallenAngel359 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:25 pm

So does that mean that you are interested in becoming a part of the development team? If you could help out, that would be great. The more I think about it, learning C++ isn't really an issue if I were to copy the code and tell you what I needed done. In this sense, I would act as the source and interpretor, and although it isn't very efficient, it would work.
TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf

Postby TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:25 pm

It's worth a shot. If I end up not being able to do what needs being done, no harm done to the project right? So, sure. On the other hand though I probably will try to learn C++ on the side, just so it might be easier.
TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf

Postby TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:38 pm

Is it being written in python 2 or 3?
TheFallenAngel359

Postby TheFallenAngel359 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:55 am

I'd assume Python 3, but you'd have to contact preflex about that. I don't think it specifically states what version it will use on the post.

And you're interested. That's great. Shoot me a PM with your email so I can share some confidential files with you.