The Advertrel - Ship Proposals

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
stylesrj

The Advertrel - Ship Proposals

Postby stylesrj » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:34 am

I was thinking about the fact that spambots on this forum are getting smarter and smarter, while at the same time being painfully dumb. Pretty soon though new user and spambots will be hard to pick out. But they're always trying to get people to buy their stuff and what better way than to release an FTL mod to trick people into thinking they've got someone legit? :lol:

So that's my proposal. We make a bunch of Kestrel or other ship skins that look like they're covered in ads.
Fake ads of course, like you know "Buy Federation War Bonds" or "Mantis Charlie's Bar & Grill." And they shoot "pop-ups" at the enemy which stuns crew and causes ion damage as they have to purge the spam from the system. With the explosions sounding like commercial jingles.

It's probably a really stupid idea to propose but hey, why not try? I would consider it myself but I'm not good with making skins and gibs beyond recolouring existing ones. Someone with actual artistic talent could do it.
R4V3-0N

Re: The Advertrel - Ship Proposals

Postby R4V3-0N » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:59 pm

I actually had a simular idea... but instead of pop ups and adds it's something else that is... well you'll see when I get to it ;)
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:07 am

Only if you give every enemy ship an artillery weapon titled "Ban-Cannon" :twisted:
The zero-tolerance policy on spam ads must be upheld!
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:38 am

Kieve wrote:Only if you give every enemy ship an artillery weapon titled "Ban-Cannon" :twisted:
The zero-tolerance policy on spam ads must be upheld!

That could be the Flagship. Or the Rebel Moderator. Replace the forward lasers with Ban-Cannons!
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:12 am

Deploy the ASBs: the Anti-Spam Batteries!
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:25 am

And in Zoltan-controlled sectors, one of your crew is wanted for not actually being crew but a Spambot disguised as crew!
Or they board your ship as issues involving advertising rights escalates into gunfire.

Engi-controlled sectors... the Hive Mind detects a Spambot in your system. You can purge it, hack it out, have the Lanius deal with it or have the Engi die and come back as... TURBO DEFENDER 9000-EX!
CAKE

Postby CAKE » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:05 am

Here's my first Advertrel:

Are you tired of those rebel auto ships? If so buy a Anti-Auto Ship from III Ions Inc! It is outfitted with a state of the art laser weapon and 3 ions!!!!

Current deal: buy 2 III Ions Anti-Auto Ships and get one free! Deal ends 31st of December 3142!

III Ions Inc making the best ions since the 31st of December 2014!

Click here to download.
If you want to ask/tell me something and get a timely response, read this paste: https://pastebin.com/LXcq186T

Mod hub for some of my old mods (which will not be supported anymore) here

A Guide On How To Combine 2 Ships Into 1 File
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:22 am

CAKE wrote:Here's my first Advertrel:

Are you tired of those rebel auto ships? If so buy a Anti-Auto Ship from III Ions Inc! It is outfitted with a state of the art laser weapon and 3 ions!!!!

Current deal: buy 2 III Ions Anti-Auto Ships and get one free! Deal ends 31st of December 3142!

III Ions Inc making the best ions since the 31st of December 2014!

Click here to download.

Huh, that's not quite what I had in mind. But I guess it's a first. I was thinking more along the lines of "Mantis Charlie's Bar & Grill" and other such silly ads on the hull.
And y'know, it shoots popups which are like ion stunners but last longer as they're packed full of malware and stuff :lol:
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:44 am

I've gone ahead and made an ad that could be used on an Advertrel.

Mantis Charlie's Bar & Grill is a family-owned and operated restaurant located in all sectors, including on desolate moons.
Mantis Charlie's Bar & Grill is 100% all natural. No factory-farmed foolish meatsacks will be served to you.
Everything you order has been slaughtered fresh from a boarding run or bought direct from a Mantis slaver and then slaughtered in store for family-friendly entertainment. Hive Queens, bring your hatchlings!