Light Artillery Enemies [Open Source]

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Gencool

Light Artillery Enemies [Open Source]

Postby Gencool » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:07 am

Hallo!

So I found myself going through some old files and stumbled on some half-made enemy ships.
I spruced up the two most complete ones and brought them up to date with AE.
Both use an artillery system and a non-standard setup in order to make them a unique challenge, but i've tried to keep them in-line with FTL lore where I can (something i'm historically not good at)

I'm not great at balancing, though, and haven't got any real use for them just now, so I figured I'd let you guys have at them.

Auto class; Drone Mother

ImageImageImageImage

Basically, it's an AI mine of sorts - a minimal power satellite that can unleash a swarm of drones if it picks up an enemy.
The 'ship' forgoes piloting or engines, routing that power into a huge arsnel of drones, including two custom attack drones; a heavy laser and an ion-stun. An entire set of defence drones can also make it a surprisingly difficult target to take out.
Not completely defenceless itself; the Mother comes loaded with a Glaive Beam Artillery (which gets a reduced cool-down in later sectors, oh my), shields as default, and these systems are occasionally stacked with cloaking and/or hacking (being an auto-ship it doesn't have to worry about leaving room for crew to get in and repair).
If faced with a cloak and hack enabled dronemother, the top right room houses all defences, the top left hosts its personal weapons, and the large lower room is left dedicated to drone control.

Rebel class; Blaster

ImageImage

Although structurally quite weak, this highly compact rebel ship uses very powerful engines to dodge shots and weave amongst larger cruisers to deliver strong fire-power where needed. The ship holds exactly two weapons, each of which has a dedicated control room, which makes negating its firepower tricky (much like the flagship). They usually come equipped with a multiple shot laser cannon as a secondary weapon, and also boast a unique two-shot missile launcher to really ruin your day.
The missiles are small, so have little-to-no breach or fire chance, but each targets a different room and the system won't run out of ammo.

Gibs and Stats image;
http://www.puppetsquid.com/FTL/EnemyShipShowcase.png
(Note; the Blaster's name and weapon list have been updated since the screenshots)

Current State

Both of these are available for download individually, below.
They include code to put them in the relevant Ship Lists, although I've not yet encountered them in the wild so I may have done something wrong.
Both would benefit from some TLC - The naming conventions are all over the place, they may benefit from some custom events, or the spriting re-working, and I think I may have made the values too weak on their Gibs - Idunno, these are quite old in some places and I'm quite new... I just need to stop spending so much time on this now and get on with some payed work...

Feel free to tear them apart, just let me know if you use them.

Downloads;

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/334 ... Mother.ftl
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/334 ... laster.ftl

-GC

UPDATE
let's see if this works without necroing the thread...

While I don't have any ship files for it yet, this Zoltan Ship was designed as part of this pack.
If anyone *does* pick this stuff up; feel free to use the zoltan ship. Edit the hell out of it if need be.
Last edited by Gencool on Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:40 am, edited 5 times in total.
ImageImageImage
- Gencool (aka Puppetsquid) -- I make weird stuff
RAD-82

Re: Light Artillery Ships [Open Source]

Postby RAD-82 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:26 am

Gencool wrote:They include code to put them in the relevant Ship Lists, although I've not yet encountered them in the wild so I may have done something wrong.

Only available if AE is disabled. Try including a dlcBlueprintsOverwrite.xml.append with the proper ship lists for AE users.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
Gencool

Re: Light Artillery Ships [Open Source]

Postby Gencool » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:26 pm

Ohman that was something I knew, too.
Links updated (the whole code is now in the DLC overwrite as they both use new code stuff)
ImageImageImage
- Gencool (aka Puppetsquid) -- I make weird stuff
Nider_01

Re: Light Artillery Enemies [Open Source]

Postby Nider_01 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:10 am

Damn, nice ship ideas. Stun ion drone looks new too. This mod should be included into CE 8-)