Just Ship hulls

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
zabing12

Just Ship hulls

Postby zabing12 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:28 am

Hello everyone, I have collected ship hulls and wish to pass them on.
Please slap your hands together repeatedly for MillionthVector, Skorpio, and wubitog. I will be adding more soonish. or as I come across them.
Oh, and most of these do need enlarging.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/e6e4zinrtqa265a/FTLHulls.zip
NarnKar

Re: Just Ship hulls

Postby NarnKar » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:22 am

Ah yes, these things. I've seen 'em quite a bit when searching google for "free top-down spaceship sprites", hehe. Guilty of using a few, myself.

The trouble with Skorpio's work is that, enlarged, they get really blurry, and aren't quite aesthetically suitable for player ships. However, splicing together ship parts out of their Spaceship Construction Kit helped me make my first ship hull, and for that I gotta give 'em thanks.

MillionthVector's stuff is good to start out with too, since it's free. But I prefer using it as a starting point, rather than an ending point. For example, the Cloudjumper (forgive me for plugging my own mod) is made from parts of both MV and Skorpio's art, but it's not just their art stretched to be bigger, y'know?

Wugibug's stuff is all right, the right size too.

But instead of dropping a zip archive full of their work, why not link to their original websites? It's good for art attribution and it lets the modder see for himself what he wants to use.

There's a thread dedicated to posting custom-made and unused ship hulls, and other ship resources, the Shipyard. I do believe MV and Skorpio have been posted there already.