Burst Flak?

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
NarnKar

Burst Flak?

Postby NarnKar » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:20 pm

So I've been trying to make a weapon that fires two clusters of debris. I got the Flak I blueprints and changed

Code: Select all

<shots>1</shots>

to

<shots>2</shots>

But for some reason, instead of two debris clumps, it fires a volley of six or seven individual pieces of debris. Any advice?
dalolorn

Re: Burst Flak?

Postby dalolorn » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:44 pm

NarnKar wrote:So I've been trying to make a weapon that fires two clusters of debris. I got the Flak I blueprints and changed

<shots>1</shots>

to

<shots>2</shots>

But for some reason, instead of two debris clumps, it fires a volley of six or seven individual pieces of debris. Any advice?

'Burst flak' is a bit wacky. The first shot is a proper clump of debris with the amount of projectiles defined by the <projectiles> (I think it was projectiles, anyway) tag, and any shots after that act as if they were from a typical burst laser.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:09 pm

dalolorn wrote:The first shot is a proper clump of debris with the amount of projectiles defined by the <projectiles> (I think it was projectiles, anyway) tag, and any shots after that act as if they were from a typical burst laser.

Not for me, at least.
I tested the Burst Flak, and this is what came out: 3 x small flak pieces, 3x medium flak pieces, 1 proper clump, in that order.
(A proper clump is 3 smalls, 2 mediums, and 1 big.)
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:31 pm

I believe dalolorn just got it backwards. Unfortunately, you can't fix this. This has been brought to the attention of the game devs, but like most modding issues, they won't really consider it while they are still doing bug fixes for the normal game.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:49 pm

Then how did they do the burst scatter lasers in Captain's Edition?

EDIT: Oh, I see now. They're not actually weapons that fire in a blast radius.
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:07 pm

RAD-82 wrote:I believe dalolorn just got it backwards. Unfortunately, you can't fix this. This has been brought to the attention of the game devs, but like most modding issues, they won't really consider it while they are still doing bug fixes for the normal game.

Oh, it was the other way around? My mistake. :oops: