[MOD - WIP] Star Trek Addon

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Natalie

Re: [MOD - WIP] Star Trek Addon

Postby Natalie » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:47 pm

Okidoki, I updated the first post with a download of the Constitution Refit you'll need Grognak's Mod Manager, if anyone would like to test and give feedback if it works allright, that would be great ^_^

Also completly restarted the LCARS project I wasnt quite happy with it yet
kevinandersson

Postby kevinandersson » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:53 pm

Maybe we should join forces? I love messing with pixel graphics, but all the fiddling around with the assets isn't my cup of tea. What to you think?

Current work in progress:
http://cl.ly/image/3k342U1r2u3N
http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2652
HelloLion

Postby HelloLion » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:03 pm

When I first started playing this game (and obsessively yelling things at my crew like "Get more power to the shields!" and "Beam 'em onto the enemy cruiser!") my girlfriend asked "is this game basically Star Trek or what?" and I had to agree with her thinking. This mod is a perfect conversion for this game.

It looks a little rough around the edges yet but I'm really looking forward to seeing how far you take this, it could potentially be a lot of fun!
PariahL

Postby PariahL » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:24 am

Seriously,

What's with the pink and purple UI colors? Either go traditional star trek or go unisex. Natalie, don't be a militant feminist. :D Honor the legacy or appeal to everyone. Love your work, though. I think the layout you chose and the weapons you created are in the right direction. Keep up the good work!!! Just don't make it too girly please!!!! :D :D :D
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:03 am

PariahL wrote:Seriously,

What's with the pink and purple UI colors? Either go traditional star trek or go unisex. Natalie, don't be a militant feminist. :D Honor the legacy or appeal to everyone. Love your work, though. I think the layout you chose and the weapons you created are in the right direction. Keep up the good work!!! Just don't make it too girly please!!!! :D :D :D

You may be more interested in this version then. You may also be interested in this so you can maybe learn something before making a complete arse of yourself. And please, don't bother trying the "it was only a joke" line. :roll:
hellcatv

Postby hellcatv » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:55 pm

I think Klingon ships should either not have medbays and have global healing (so you can't recharge in combat--but you can slowly heal over time) or have a 1x1 medbay.

But they should start with transporters...so they can board ships, but then it takes a while to heal from the battle and you can't heal them during a fight--meaning every fight is honorable and to the last man.

And of course the hull lasers look a lot like disruptors
Icehawk78

Postby Icehawk78 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:51 pm

hellcatv wrote:I think Klingon ships should either not have medbays and have global healing (so you can't recharge in combat--but you can slowly heal over time) or have a 1x1 medbay.

The first is not currently feasible - the Engi healing augment runs off of your medbay.
hellcatv

Postby hellcatv » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:34 pm

It seems that a 2x2 medbay only has room for 3...could it also be that a 1x1 medbay only has room for 0?
or could you give the medbay power without having a room that heals
Whale Cancer

Postby Whale Cancer » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:27 pm

hellcatv wrote:It seems that a 2x2 medbay only has room for 3...could it also be that a 1x1 medbay only has room for 0?
or could you give the medbay power without having a room that heals

I think you could make a 1x1 medbay and make the blocked slot 0. That should allow proper nanohealing without a usable medbay.
Contribute to help save the Whales from their various diseases! *DELAYED* Should release the skeleton with the main quests attached by the end of the week (By NOV 9)! *DELAYED* Don't listen to my dates! Things always seem to come up!
Icehawk78

Postby Icehawk78 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:59 pm

Whale Cancer wrote:I think you could make a 1x1 medbay and make the blocked slot 0. That should allow proper nanohealing without a usable medbay.

Would you be able to repair it if it ever broke, though? This seems like it'd have the same issue as having a medbay unconnected to any other rooms.