[TOOL][WIP][ON HOLD] PhaserMaker Weapon Creator for FTL

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
OneShot17

[TOOL][WIP][ON HOLD] PhaserMaker Weapon Creator for FTL

Postby OneShot17 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:46 am

I have been working on a program that will allow people to create weapons fairly easily. I have looked around on the web and have not found anything to this effect. As of right now, it is Mac/Linux-only (it uses UNIX system commands to create directories), but as it is written in C++, it will be as simple as changing path formatting and the commands used to make it work for windows. My main issue is that I cannot write GUI programs for Windows, and I am a total noob at using Xcode to create user interfaces. So, it's command-line only, but it works. Basically, you give it values for the different things, and it will create a blueprints.xml.append file and an animations.xml.append file for you, as well as copy any sounds/images into the appropriate directories. As of right now, it will not create a functioning weapon because it doesn't go through all of the tags, but that will change shortly since it's just a bunch of tedious programming. I would love any help I can get with this thing. Especially with the GUI, since I have no clue how. But I will have downloadable binaries as soon as it can create functional weapons for all of the four weapon categories.

Repo:
https://github.com/OneShot17/ftl-weapon-creator.git

Binaries:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B246HK ... sp=sharing

Remember, these binaries are MAC/LINUX ONLY! I will hopefully have windows binaries available soon.

Also, weapons are only partially created. There are no weapon sounds/images loaded because I don't really know how to do the animations.xml.append and sounds.xml.append. Any help with creating those files and that part of the blueprints file would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I could also really use some help from someone who knows how to do the weapons animations/sounds, since I have absolutely no clue how to do that. Thanks!
Last edited by OneShot17 on Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:52 am, edited 4 times in total.
zabing12

Re: [TOOL][WIP] PhaserMaker Weapon Creator for FTL

Postby zabing12 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:04 am

It does not work.
OneShot17

Re: [TOOL][WIP] PhaserMaker Weapon Creator for FTL

Postby OneShot17 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:39 pm

zabing12, that's good to know, but it's not helpful. What happens when you run the program? Also, have you tried compiling from source? The binaries could be out of date. They aren't as regularly updated as the source code in the repo.
superarmandbros

Re: [TOOL][WIP][ON HOLD] PhaserMaker Weapon Creator for FTL

Postby superarmandbros » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:15 am

I don't know If this helps or not, but there is a post on this forum explaining how to add animations and sounds to a custom weapon. I'll link it here:
http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=25962&start=0
Hope it helps. :)
Awesome Warlord

Postby Awesome Warlord » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:30 pm

PLEASE MAKE WINDOWS VERSION
PLZ PLZ
TaxiService

Postby TaxiService » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:43 pm

Hey, if you ever manage to make a gui i could make button icons for you! Also a program icon! I used to do those for my friends when they needed; here are some examples. I try to support programmers like you any way I can. And i'm more proficient in making graphics than programming in C++, so... yeah, gimmie a call if you need icons. :p
ImageImageImageImageImage
lordrockit

Postby lordrockit » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:04 pm

I made an open sourced html verson posted some were on thos forum, any of you are welcome to use/tear ot apart, and of cource if you use it, a shout out is allways apreashiated.
FTL lordrockit's weapon creator. Lordrockit- programer, 3d artist, gamer