[Tool] Superluminal 2.2.1 - FTL Ship Editor

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Br0o0o

Re: [Tool] Superluminal 2.1.2b - FTL Ship Editor

Postby Br0o0o » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:49 pm

Yes, I am using Windows 10, but I don't have a touchscreen.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
I do however use a digitiser, I disabled this in the device manager and now the program works fine.
I did read the F.A.Q before, but it didn't occur to me that a digitiser (I'm sure you know what that is, but if not it's like a pen for a computer w/o a touchscreen) would error the program in the same way a touchscreen would, sorry.
Maybe something you could add to the F.A.Q for the minority of user that would have a digitiser attached.
Anyway, thanks for helping to sort the error, I feel a bit silly now xP.
Waka
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:24 pm

Br0o0o wrote:Yes, I am using Windows 10, but I don't have a touchscreen.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
I do however use a digitiser, I disabled this in the device manager and now the program works fine.
Anyway, thanks for helping to sort the error, I feel a bit silly now xP.

Don't worry, I am glad the problem is now fixed and I could help you out! :geek:
As for the guide, we'll have to wait kartoFlane to update the FAQ with this extra tip.
Meanwhile, happy modding! :mrgreen:
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
Lecic

Postby Lecic » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:24 pm

I've been having some problems with one of my ships showing up exclusively as a black box. I posted it on the ftl subreddit and got some help (https://www.reddit.com/r/ftlgame/commen ... w_up_as_a/) but it wasn't a real fix. Can anyone here help? (Link contains images and the FTL file)
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:54 pm

Lecic wrote:I've been having some problems with one of my ships showing up exclusively as a black box. I posted it on the ftl subreddit and got some help (https://www.reddit.com/r/ftlgame/commen ... w_up_as_a/) but it wasn't a real fix. Can anyone here help? (Link contains images and the FTL file)

Your images need to be in 32-bit format (in GIMP, Image > Mode > RGB to force it to save as such). Shields and floor are already, which is why they show up.
BBTRekhyt

Postby BBTRekhyt » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:57 am

Hello!

I had been working on a big mod project in Superluminal 1 for about 6 months before complete lack of free time pulled me away from it for about 2 years. T_T

I wanted to try to pick it back up and decided to try out Superluminal 2, which is really slick. Only issue I'm having with it right now is that it seems to rotate all my glow images! Since I don't have PS on this machine, I'd really rather not have to go into the .pngs, rotate them, then somehow clear the white bg. Is there a way to rotate the glows that I'm not seeing? :O

Thanks!
Jaded Wrath

Postby Jaded Wrath » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:44 am

BBTRekhyt wrote:Hello!

I had been working on a big mod project in Superluminal 1 for about 6 months before complete lack of free time pulled me away from it for about 2 years. T_T

I wanted to try to pick it back up and decided to try out Superluminal 2, which is really slick. Only issue I'm having with it right now is that it seems to rotate all my glow images! Since I don't have PS on this machine, I'd really rather not have to go into the .pngs, rotate them, then somehow clear the white bg. Is there a way to rotate the glows that I'm not seeing? :O

Thanks!

I have a similar problem but with flak projectiles
BBTRekhyt

Postby BBTRekhyt » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:25 am

Jaded Wrath wrote:
BBTRekhyt wrote:Hello!

Thanks!

I have a similar problem but with flak projectiles

Okay cool, I'm glad it's not just me. XD After playing around with it a bit more, I'm pretty sure the only thing to do is just turn the whole damn thing sideways in photoshop, unless paint has a way to transparent the bg.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:13 pm

@BBTRekhyt
If you mean glow images for crew stations, the images for those always need to face up (north) in order to show up correctly in the game.
You can turn the stations to face different directions using the Station Placement Tool (shortcut F by default), and shift-clicking on the room the station is placed in. The purple rectangle indicates the real direction the crew will face when manning that system (so if your glow image indicates a different direction, you know that the glow image is messed up).
For fine adjustments of the glow image (so that it lines up with the computer in the room graphic), you'll need to use the Manipulation Tool (Q), and drag the glow itself (it's a selectable element). You can also use arrow keys to nudge it by 1 pixel.

Unless you mean something else completely...

@Jaded Wrath
That's weird, since if I recall correctly, the editor doesn't even touch projectile graphics -- it merely copies the files as-is. So it's more likely that the error is somewhere in the weapon blueprint. Or that the game spawns all flak projectiles with a randomized rotation (or inherited from the weapon mount).
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
BBTRekhyt

Postby BBTRekhyt » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:45 pm

kartoFlane wrote:@BBTRekhyt
If you mean glow images for crew stations, the images for those always need to face up (north) in order to show up correctly in the game.
You can turn the stations to face different directions using the Station Placement Tool (shortcut F by default), and shift-clicking on the room the station is placed in. The purple rectangle indicates the real direction the crew will face when manning that system (so if your glow image indicates a different direction, you know that the glow image is messed up).
For fine adjustments of the glow image (so that it lines up with the computer in the room graphic), you'll need to use the Manipulation Tool (Q), and drag the glow itself (it's a selectable element). You can also use arrow keys to nudge it by 1 pixel.

Unless you mean something else completely...

@Jaded Wrath
That's weird, since if I recall correctly, the editor doesn't even touch projectile graphics -- it merely copies the files as-is. So it's more likely that the error is somewhere in the weapon blueprint. Or that the game spawns all flak projectiles with a randomized rotation (or inherited from the weapon mount).

Hmm. I didn't realize that was the case. They didn't need to with SL1, because I had this particular ship functioning correctly in-game. The main reason I had to start over was that I changed computers, so they lost their image pathing. XD

I had made all custom room and glow images for this mod, so I had made the glows to overlay with the consoles in the same orientation. It wouldn't have occurred to me to not have them oriented in the same direction. O_o If they have to face north though, I guess I'll have to go back and edit every single glow. Thanks!
Jaded Wrath

Postby Jaded Wrath » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:08 am

kartoFlane wrote:@BBTRekhyt@Jaded Wrath

Yeah the game rotates all flak projectiles 90 deg on spawn, I can't remember which direction though.