[Tool] Superluminal 2.2.1 - FTL Ship Editor

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
kartoFlane

Re: [Tool] Superluminal 2.0.5 beta

Postby kartoFlane » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:14 pm

saber0091 wrote:Issue A: at least the Win x64 still thinks it is 2.0.4 beta and wants to update on every opening. I have not tried the Win x32.

Derp. I changed it to 2.0.5 in my local working copy, but then forgot to export that change to the copy that actually gets compiled and uploaded... I'll just "downgrade" it to 2.0.4 for the time being, to stop the update code from pestering people. Thanks for bringing this to my attention :)

saber0091 wrote:Issue B: Attempted to save as resource folder, and in that box to create a new folder. The console says it tried to save to "new folder" instead of the new name of the newly created folder - but no such folder existed and no error was returned. The data was lost.

That is odd. It works fine for me... And there should definitely be an error printed out in the console if there are any problems during saving (even if the folder doesn't exist, it should simply be created automatically)
Are you sure you haven't accidentally created the folder in your "User" directory (since that's what gets selected by default when the save dialog is opened)?

saber0091 wrote:The potential request:

You can hide all elements of the ship individually (check out the View menu, or press keys 1 through 9), which makes it much easier to select the gib you want.
Though I agree that this is pretty damn obscure... All the more reasons for me to finally record the tutorial video.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
zabing12

Postby zabing12 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:12 pm

saber0091 wrote:Issue A: at least the Win x64 still thinks it is 2.0.4 beta and wants to update on every opening. I have not tried the Win x32.

Same for win32
Abs

Postby Abs » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:14 am

Are custom weapons not supported when loading a ship? Here is my editor-log.txt file entry:

Code: Select all

20:12:06.602 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.ShipLoaderDialog - An error has occured while loading PLAYER_SHIP_HARD: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: WeaponBlueprint not found: STFTL_PHASERS
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.utils.ShipLoadUtils.loadShipXML(ShipLoadUtils.java:351)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.ShipLoaderDialog$5.widgetSelected(ShipLoaderDialog.java:264)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal.main(Superluminal.java:274)

Abs
Click to go to the mod's facebook page for the latest updates!
zabing12

Postby zabing12 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:54 am

You got to load the weapon mod first.
Abs

Postby Abs » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:56 am

zabing12 wrote:You got to load the weapon mod first.

It's all in the same file. How would I do it in this case?

Abs
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:07 am

If the .ftl file containing your ship also contains the weaponBlueprint for your weapon, then it should work. Just keep the file loaded in Mod Management while you're working on your ship.

Keep in mind though that .ftl files created by the editor contain only the shipBlueprint, but no blueprints for the stuff you've equipped your ship with.
Abs

Postby Abs » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:17 am

Thanks for the answer. Turns out the problem was with my own mod structure. I had animations.xml.append.txt as the file name. Oops!

Abs
OneShot17

Re: [Tool] Superluminal 2.0.3a beta

Postby OneShot17 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:26 am

kartoFlane wrote:Well, I don't have a Mac keyboard to test it on, but I'll see what can be done :)

You know the Windows key in Windows sends the same signal as the Command key on macs. Just a tip u might be able to use ;)
Cdm98

Postby Cdm98 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:37 am

How do you open saved custom ships? I can't figure it out.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:48 pm

@Cdm98
First, the ship has to be saved as .ftl. Then you have to go to File > Mod Management (Ctrl+M), load the .ftl file, and hit Confirm. After that the ship will be available via File > Load Ship

@OneShot17
I've have already tried that, but it doesn't seem to work :/
[strikethrough]The Command modifier support should be done as of 2.0.5(4), please do let me know whether it works or not.[/strikethrough]

edit
Just tried it with my most recent build that I tweaked a bit, it finally works. Turns out I missed at least one pretty important bit of code...