[Tool] Superluminal 2.2.1 - FTL Ship Editor

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
MedicRules41

Re: [Tool] Superluminal2 beta 6a

Postby MedicRules41 » Sat May 24, 2014 7:07 am

School just got out today, I played some FTL, and then realized a beta for my favorite game-modding tool to date has been released. This officially qualifies as the best day ever.

EDIT: Did I do a bad? I created a ship, patched it using SMM, launched FTL, it showed up in the hangar, I clicked START, aaaaand... Game closed. No error message or anything, just closed, but the crash.log is here:

Code: Select all

Version =  1.5.10

Stack Trace:

1 - 0x0062e5cc
2 - 0x00670bed
3 - 0x551ea778
4 - 0x0062eb45
5 - 0x0060b90f

Sorry if this is just me being a wazzok, I know fuck-all about coding. A fix, or even instructions as to how to undo my wazzok-ness would be amazing. Still the best day ever.

EDIT-EDIT: This may have something to do with 5 drone slots. Lemme check.

EDIT-EDIT-EDIT: Jeez this post is getting long. Vanilla-ized FTL, made a ship, worked fine. Probably a problem with other mods involved.

THE LAST EDIT: Yeah, it must've had something to do with sM + CE + Superluminal, cuz just CE works fine.
Last edited by MedicRules41 on Sat May 24, 2014 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
FtDLulz

Postby FtDLulz » Sat May 24, 2014 8:54 am

MedicRules41 wrote:School just got out today, I played some FTL, and then realized a beta for my favorite game-modding tool to date has been released. This officially qualifies as the best day ever.

EDIT: Did I do a bad? I created a ship, patched it using SMM, launched FTL, it showed up in the hangar, I clicked START, aaaaand... Game closed. No error message or anything, just closed, but the crash.log is here:

Version =  1.5.10

Stack Trace:

1 - 0x0062e5cc
2 - 0x00670bed
3 - 0x551ea778
4 - 0x0062eb45
5 - 0x0060b90f

Sorry if this is just me being a wazzok, I know fuck-all about coding. A fix, or even instructions as to how to undo my wazzok-ness would be amazing. Still the best day ever.

EDIT-EDIT-EDIT: Jeez this post is getting long. Vanilla-ized FTL, made a ship, worked fine. Probably a problem with other mods involved.

I'd assume it's an event mod. I've had a few crashes on starting a new game because one of my modded events was doing something the game didn't like.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sat May 24, 2014 9:52 am

OnyxShadow wrote:I tried downloading it, but I got a virus warning.
Win32:Evo-gen

Are you using Avast, by any chance? It is known for a lot of false-positives.
Either way, you can safely ignore the warning -- both .exes are basically the same ones that SMM uses.

Mithrandir wrote:The first one is an example of one of the files that crashes FTL in the hangar. If you need more of them to determine the issue, I have plenty more to upload...

Awesome, I'll try to figure out what causes the crash, thanks :)

Neodaemo wrote:When I try to open 2.0.0 windows 32 bit, it'll tell me "no ftl dat path previously set" And then nothing will happen. Ever.
Is this normal?

Weird. Generally if an error occurs after that point, you should get a UI prompt informing you that something went wrong. Can you post contents of editor-log.txt here, between [ code ][ /code ] tags?

@MedicRules41
Just tried a ship with 5 drone and weapon slots, and it didn't crash -- so yeah, it's probably a matter of the other mods not being up to date ;)
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
MedicRules41

Postby MedicRules41 » Sat May 24, 2014 9:54 am

FtDLulz wrote:
MedicRules41 wrote:School just got out today, I played some FTL, and then realized a beta for my favorite game-modding tool to date has been released. This officially qualifies as the best day ever.

Version =  1.5.10

Stack Trace:

1 - 0x0062e5cc
2 - 0x00670bed
3 - 0x551ea778
4 - 0x0062eb45
5 - 0x0060b90f

I'd assume it's an event mod. I've had a few crashes on starting a new game because one of my modded events was doing something the game didn't like.

It must've been something like that, as I removed sMPK from the mix & it worked fine. One other small but very immersion-ruining bug: After making and saving a ship a few times (usually twice or more per ship file) some room images turn to yellow-and-blck checker.
victoriacakes

Postby victoriacakes » Sat May 24, 2014 12:31 pm

I may just be really stupid, but I can't figure out how to get my ship to load in the game. I made a ship using one of the premades as a base, selected a ship for it to replace, and saved it. However, the ship isn't showing up in the game. The ship it's supposed to be replacing is still showing up. I'm probably missing something to make my ship go from the editor to the game, any tips?
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sat May 24, 2014 12:50 pm

@victoriacakes
Yup, after you save the ship as .ftl, you have to install it with SMM :)
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Sat May 24, 2014 3:39 pm

Kart this is such an awesome update. You think its going to be a few days or few more weeks before the gibs are working? Just wondering because I only have a few more things to do on my ship and GIBS are one of them. No rush though, just curious of the time-frame. Thanks again Kart ;)
InventorRaccoon

Postby InventorRaccoon » Sat May 24, 2014 4:40 pm

Hooray! I can finally make ships! I just made one, and credited you, because you deserve all the credit you can have.
Mithrandir

Postby Mithrandir » Sat May 24, 2014 11:51 pm

kartoFlane wrote:
Mithrandir wrote:The first one is an example of one of the files that crashes FTL in the hangar. If you need more of them to determine the issue, I have plenty more to upload...

Awesome, I'll try to figure out what causes the crash, thanks :)

I have more info on the floor images problem:
1. It mostly occurs in the shields and engines rooms.
2. Extends outside of rooms sometimes.
3. Originates from the station (I think).
4. Appears as yellow and black checkered pattern.
5. Tends to go away whenever the stations are unmanned, but comes back whenever they are manned.
6. Happens on all ships, even the vanilla ships.
7. Goes away when offending mod is uninstalled.

I know I said this last time, but I just wanted to reiterate everything. ;)
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sun May 25, 2014 12:23 am

Mithrandir wrote:I have more info on the floor images problem:

Already figured that one out, and yes it's the station graphics being broken.
Most likely you have installed mods with SMM while the editor was running, and you did not tell it to reload the database after SMM finished patching (you should have done that). Then you have saved your ship, which caused the exported station images to become corrupt.
The black-yellow checkered pattern is just FTL's way to show broken/missing graphics.

Fix: don't install mods while the editor is running, or go to File > Reload Database if you don't feel like restarting the editor (you still need to close the ship to do that, though)

I still haven't found out what's causing FTL to crash with the first ship, though.