[Tool] Superluminal 2.2.1 - FTL Ship Editor

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
evilbrocolli

Re: [Tool] Superluminal2 beta 6a

Postby evilbrocolli » Sun May 25, 2014 5:03 am

This is probably a stupid question, but how do I 'load' ships that I worked on earlier if they were saved to data/img folders? I have searched the editor and don't know how to do this...

EDIT: Just realised I dodn't read the tooltips too well. .ftl files work fine when put into 'Mod Management'.
Last edited by evilbrocolli on Sun May 25, 2014 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
opticlops

Re: [Tool] Superluminal2 beta 6a

Postby opticlops » Sun May 25, 2014 9:33 am

nice :p
kartoFlane

Re: [Tool] Superluminal2 beta 7

Postby kartoFlane » Sun May 25, 2014 10:12 am

evilbrocolli wrote:This is probably a stupid question, but how do I 'load' ships that I worked on earlier if they were saved to data/img folders? I have searched the editor and don't know how to do this...

While it's in this format, you can't. But you can just zip those two folders up, and then you will be able to load it via File > Mod Management.

Edit
Just released another update: fixed two annoying Linux-specific bugs, and laid groundwork for multiple artileries to become a thing. Boss ships now load all 4 artilleries (weapons & editing is not in yet)

Download link here

Full changelog:

Code: Select all

2.0.0 beta7:
- Some of the previously unloadable ships can now be loaded (missing 'max' attribute on
  <crewCount> tag)
- Fixed a bug that would cause systems to be exported evem when the room they've beem
  assigned to has been deleted
- Stations are no longer saved for enemy ships, since they apparently don't affect them anymore
- Station Tool is now disabled for enemy ships
- Some of enemy ships' systems' level caps have been raised to 10
- Reworked the way the editor handles systems to allow multiple artilleries
- Improvied resize detection on Linux environments -- grid should fit the window most of the time now
- Fixed issues with keybinds on Linux -- temporary workaround
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
sovietbear

Postby sovietbear » Sun May 25, 2014 12:51 pm

When's the gib tool being added? :cry: Please, I need it.
InventorRaccoon

Postby InventorRaccoon » Sun May 25, 2014 3:25 pm

So there's support for more than one artillery system, but how do I actually have two artilleries? My new ship just removes the old one.
FtDLulz

Postby FtDLulz » Sun May 25, 2014 3:31 pm

InventorRaccoon wrote:So there's support for more than one artillery system, but how do I actually have two artilleries? My new ship just removes the old one.

I don't believe it's support for multiple artillery, but it just lets the boss ship load four in.

I'm still getting that null error when trying to save a ship. It happens when I Load Ship, and then try and 'Save' or 'Save As' any type.

16:03:30.762 [main] ERROR com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.EditorWindow - An error occured while saving the ship: java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.utils.ShipSaveUtils.generateLayoutXML(ShipSaveUtils.java:588)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.utils.ShipSaveUtils.saveShip(ShipSaveUtils.java:147)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.utils.ShipSaveUtils.saveShipFTL(ShipSaveUtils.java:62)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.EditorWindow.saveShip(EditorWindow.java:879)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.EditorWindow.access$1100(EditorWindow.java:71)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.EditorWindow$11.widgetSelected(EditorWindow.java:596)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal.main(Superluminal.java:264)
ih8ih8sn0w

Postby ih8ih8sn0w » Mon May 26, 2014 1:27 am

Im getting an error when trying to save a ship
Edit: i get the error when loading a ship from the dat then saving as a resource folder and a .ftl

20:21:14.355 [main] TRACE com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.EditorWindow - Saving ship as C:\Users\Kaleb\Desktop\Slipstream Mod Manager v1.4-Win\mods\Red Tide v2.ftl
20:21:14.361 [main] ERROR com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.EditorWindow - An error occured while saving the ship: java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.utils.ShipSaveUtils.generateLayoutXML(ShipSaveUtils.java:588)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.utils.ShipSaveUtils.saveShip(ShipSaveUtils.java:147)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.utils.ShipSaveUtils.saveShipFTL(ShipSaveUtils.java:62)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.EditorWindow.saveShip(EditorWindow.java:879)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.EditorWindow.access$1100(EditorWindow.java:71)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.EditorWindow$11.widgetSelected(EditorWindow.java:596)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal.main(Superluminal.java:264)
Discord: ih8ih8sn0w\:blue_heart:#9183 get the blue heart here: https://emojipedia.org/blue-heart/
Valster

Postby Valster » Mon May 26, 2014 2:49 am

I'm on a mac and when I start it up the icon just jumps up and down then when I click on it it closes out…

I looked around and found a link to the fix thing to put in terminal but the file was removed. I really want to make a ship :c

EDIT: This is what the Superluminal command thing that comes with it says when I double click it

Andrews-MacBook-Pro-2:~ valster$ /Users/valster/Desktop/Superluminal\ Mac-64\ v2.0.0/Superluminal2.command ; exit;
/Users/valster/Desktop/Superluminal Mac-64 v2.0.0/Superluminal2.command: line 21: /Users/valster/Desktop/Superluminal Mac-64 v2.0.0/Superluminal2.app/Contents/MacOS/runme: Permission denied
logout

[Process completed]
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Mon May 26, 2014 11:59 am

sovietbear wrote:When's the gib tool being added? :cry: Please, I need it.

Seeing as I've yet to start working on them, and the coming weeks are going to be rather busy for me, that feature is still a ways out. I'll keep working on it in my spare time, but don't expect it to be out soon.

InventorRaccoon wrote:So there's support for more than one artillery system, but how do I actually have two artilleries? My new ship just removes the old one.

Currently the editor is capable of loading multiple artilleries, but cannot edit them.
You really should give XML a shot, though. It's very easy to comprehend if you have a rudimentary understanding of how computers/programs work.

ih8ih8sn0w wrote:Im getting an error when trying to save a ship

Got that fixed, thanks :) A workaround to prevent that from happening again in the current version: when you load a ship, replace all weapon mounts with new ones (ie. delete and then place a new mount at the same spot)

Valster wrote:Andrews-MacBook-Pro-2:~ valster$ /Users/valster/Desktop/Superluminal\ Mac-64\ v2.0.0/Superluminal2.command ; exit;
/Users/valster/Desktop/Superluminal Mac-64 v2.0.0/Superluminal2.command: line 21: /Users/valster/Desktop/Superluminal Mac-64 v2.0.0/Superluminal2.app/Contents/MacOS/runme: Permission denied
logout

D'oh. Thought I had that fixed. For now, look at FAQ#3
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Valster

Postby Valster » Mon May 26, 2014 12:05 pm

kartoFlane wrote:
sovietbear wrote:D'oh. Thought I had that fixed. For now, look at FAQ#3

Thats the post I'm talking about the download link called "This script" leads to an empty dropbox

EDIT: TO do it manually do I just need to copy the bold text?