[Tool] Superluminal 2.2.1 - FTL Ship Editor

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
IXXIAIXXI

Re: [Tool] Superluminal 2.1.2

Postby IXXIAIXXI » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:53 am

Ok, so now I tried that, and what do you know, works like a charm. I would've never figured that out myself. Thank you for the help.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:16 pm

Huh -- that's very interesting, since there were many people who have had a similar problem of their ship crashing the game for no apparent reason. I had some suspicion that it had something to do with ship layout, but never knew exactly what it was... Looks like this year-long issue might finally be resolved -- I'll be sure to check back with this should it crop up again.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:10 pm

So maybe you could put a warning message in if the next room is more than 4 tiles away from another?
Reffy

Postby Reffy » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:27 pm

I have a few questions.

1# How do you move equipment in a room? So I don't get things like this:
Pilot.jpg

2# Can you remove walls? Or do you have to make every room as a whole?

3# How do you load a ship? Yes, this is explained in the FAQ, but it doesn't work for me.
I was working on a ship and saved it as an .ftl file, so I can work on it later. When I load the mod and/or drag the file in the editor, it doesn't appear in the list.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:15 pm

• For the consoles, the chair, computers, etc, you need to replace the entire interior image for that room. You can do that by clicking on the room in question with the Manipulation Tool, then in the sidebar clicking on Browse, and selecting one of the options from the context menu that appears. System will allow you to pick an image from disk, whereas Database will allow you to pick an existing image from inside of the game's archives. FTL only has images for certain configurations of rooms (1x2, 2x1, 2x2), so you'll need to create your own image if you want a 3x2 piloting room (unless you're okay with the graphic not matching the room's size).
  • For the station, ie. where the crew members stand while manning the room, you need to use the Layout Creation Tool > Station Placement. You can then click one of the tiles within the room with a man-able system to place the station there, or shift-click to rotate the station. The glow image for the station can be moved by selecting it with the Manipulation Tool, and dragging it / nudging it using arrow keys.
  • The system icon cannot be moved, it is always placed in the center of the room.

2. Nope, every room has to be whole. FTL only supports rectangular rooms.

3. If you've loaded the mod, then PLAYER_SHIP_HARD (assuming you didn't fiddle with the settings too much and left most stuff at default) in the ship loader should be an expandable item -- once you expand it, you'll have two ships to select from, the default one, and your custom ship below it.
Reffy

Postby Reffy » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:16 pm

That worked. Thanks.
redstonetorches

Postby redstonetorches » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:44 pm

I'm having a problem with images :?:

How come when i go into the images and try to load a shield, it works fine, but when I generate a floor image, it doesn't work?
Vice Versa if i try to generate a floor first, I can't load any other images

Note:
I don't have any problems with the ship image
I'm loading the Federation Cruiser shield because it fits my ship (which may be the problem, I may need to copy it and rename the new one
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go do things that I probably don't need to be doing.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:13 pm

Is there any way to randomise gib trajectories on a ship?

I don't want to set spin rates, speed and where they fly off to.
I could just throw them out at random but I'd rather have the program do it for me :lol:

So any chance that'll happen?
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:28 pm

If I ever get back to the editor and work on a new version, sure... It's unlikely that'll happen, though. Not anytime soon, at least.
HarkintheMantis

Postby HarkintheMantis » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:25 pm

Sooo kartoFlane...
Im using Slipstream 2 to make a ship
how do i convert enemy ship to player ship
Thanks
HARKINTHEMANTIS ROCKS!!!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: