[Tool] Superluminal 2.2.1 - FTL Ship Editor

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Anthonest

Re: [Tool] Superluminal 2.1.1

Postby Anthonest » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:26 pm

Small problem.

The shield and the floor images don't export when I save the ship, keep in mind im exporting non-player ships. Are they not suppose to export or what? They just ain't in the exported img file.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:41 am

Yup, those images are not supposed to be exported. Enemy ships can't have floor images, and they're all hardcoded to use a shared image for the shields graphic (img/ship/enemy_shields.png), just resized to fit the ellipse.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Anthonest

Postby Anthonest » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:57 am

kartoFlane wrote:Yup, those images are not supposed to be exported. Enemy ships can't have floor images, and they're all hardcoded to use a shared image for the shields graphic (img/ship/enemy_shields.png), just resized to fit the ellipse.

So your saying i don't have to do anything with sheild or floor images? And FTL will do the sheilds on enemy ships for me?
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:44 pm

Yes
Core279

Postby Core279 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:50 am

Okay, I seem to be having issues. I'm trying to make a mod that is for private use only. I recolored and rotated one of the game's enemy ships. I have everything working perfectly in Superluminal. Gibs, floor, doors, rooms, etc.

I hit the "Validate" button on Slipstream. No problems reported.

I patch in the mod but when I scroll over to my ship, It's invisible aside the floor/rooms, doors, and weapons. I even intentionally died to test the gibs. They were invisible too.

Any way to fix this? I tried looking at the faq and got nothing. I even did some google searching and still nothing.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:51 pm

Make sure that the images you've used are 32-bit PNG. FTL is picky about image format. Also, if you left the image namespace (Ship Loadout and Properties > General > Image Namespace) field blank, it may have caused this problem to occur. So make sure you always have some sort of unique internal name specified there.
Core279

Postby Core279 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:41 am

Thanks! It worked. My base and gibs were all...well not 32-bit. =P

Everything works just fine now!
redstonetorches

Postby redstonetorches » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:06 am

Hey karto, can you PLZ add how to add artillery on your ships to the FAQ or just say it in a reply or something?
Thanks! :P
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go do things that I probably don't need to be doing.
rallot

Postby rallot » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:37 pm

Hello, I have run into a strange problem with the editor, everything is working fine except for manning glows. When a glow is assigned, they do not show up in the right place, and it is impossible for me to move them to the right place.
http://imgur.com/GtUkKuq
I have used the editor before but have just now run into the problem, is there any way to fix it?
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:46 am

@redstonetorches
Well, to enable the artillery you just have to assign the artillery system to a room of your liking. You can then go to the Ship Loadout and Properties > Armaments tab > Artillery and click on the button to select the weapon for the artillery system. You can also add more artillery systems there.

@rallot
Odd, I don't really know why that would happen... I suppose you could try to reassign the glow image to the system, maybe that would fix it:

Select a room, in the sidebar there'll be a "Manning glow" button; clicking it will open a new window. You can then select a different glow set for this system, and hit Confirm to apply the changes.