[Tool] Superluminal 2.2.1 - FTL Ship Editor

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
ScubaSteve3465

Re: [Tool] Superluminal 2.0.3a beta

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:25 am

I cant see a reference to this anywhere so I was wondering if you got the Glow placement fixed yet?
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:04 pm

Nope. That's something I plan to address either in the next update, or after I get artillery sorted out.
The To-Do section of the OP generally lists pending stuff that I have planned.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
OneShot17

Postby OneShot17 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:45 pm

Can you please make artillery a priority? I am working on a mod (you may have seen my post about it) that will replace every ship in the game. I need artillery for one of the classes of ships, but I currently have no way of adding it. Thanks!

Also, any chance you could make the keyboard shortcuts on the mac version using the command key? It's kind of annoying that every other app I use uses command, but then when I come back to this editor, I frequently forget that it's all based on control. Thanks!
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:55 pm

OneShot17 wrote:Can you please make artillery a priority? I am working on a mod (you may have seen my post about it) that will replace every ship in the game. I need artillery for one of the classes of ships, but I currently have no way of adding it. Thanks!

Well, you can add it, you just have to open the blueprints.xml.append file created by the editor, find the <artillery> tag in <systemList>, and change its weapon attribute to your artillery weapon's blueprint.

OneShot17 wrote:Also, any chance you could make the keyboard shortcuts on the mac version using the command key? It's kind of annoying that every other app I use uses command, but then when I come back to this editor, I frequently forget that it's all based on control. Thanks!

Well, I don't have a Mac keyboard to test it on, but I'll see what can be done :)
Deathpuff12

Postby Deathpuff12 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:30 am

Hey, I really want to try this, I have been using mods and custom ships when I play FTL, but I want to make my won ship. I'm sorry if this sounds dumb, but I can start the editor, but I can't use any tools. The only thing I can do is change the size of the grid. I am on a Mac BTW. I just want to customize a ship for myself.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:58 am

Well, by default the editor starts up with no ship loaded -- that's why most of the options are disabled.

To start working, you need to either create a new ship, or load an existing one -- to do that, go to the File menu on top of the screen (the name of the application should say "SWT" instead of "Superluminal", that's fine), and select "New Ship" or "Load Ship", depending on what you want to do (you can also use hotkeys: by default, Ctrl+N and Ctrl+L, respectively)
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:18 pm

Hey Karto, your editor makes game kids happy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGjo1LgEou4

(Quite a comprehensive tutorial actually.)
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:38 pm

Awesome, thank you for linking this :D It's nice to see that my work is making people happy :)
Ciurrioc

Postby Ciurrioc » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:12 pm

Karto this thing you made, this thing is awesome and immaculately helpful, thank you :D
kartoFlane

Re: [Tool] Superluminal 2.0.5 beta

Postby kartoFlane » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:31 pm

New update just rolled out the gates!

Among bug fixes, I've implemented ship death animation simulation (ie. gib & mount animation). Also added support for the Mac Command modifier in hotkeys (although this is completely untested, seeing as I have no Apple keyboard to try it).

Also, the editor should now always save the ship, regardless of whether it's been modified or not. Try not to kill the application by spamming Ctrl+S.

For more new stuff, check out the changelog below, I don't want to repeat "also" a dozen times...

Download: [ Superluminal 2.0.5 beta ]

Changelog:

Code: Select all

2.0.5 beta:
- Fixed shift-dragging the ship origin to set the offset
- Fixed a bug with messed up numbering when reordering game objects via ShipOverview, and then adding new objects of the same type
- Added support for Mac's Command key in hotkeys (untested)
- Fixed application name on Mac (now reads 'Superluminal' instead of 'SWT')
- Fixed a bug that would cause the editor to crash during mount-gib or door linking
- Fixed value of angular velocity constant in the editor's database (was 10 times too big), which was causing gibs to spin wildly
- Added ship death animation simulation -- animates both gibs and weapon mounts attached to them
- Save command now always saves the ship, without checking whether or not it's been modified
- Made 3 more actions hotkeyable: Save Ship As, Open .shp, Animate Gibs
- Made some minor improvements to the Settings window (bigger default size + scrolling speed)
- Added 'allowDoorOverlap' settings option
- Added option to make weapon mounts and images follow hull (select object > check "Follow Hull")
- Added mono-directional dragging -- hold down Shift while dragging an object to have it move in only one direction (horizontal or vertical)