Grognak's Mod Manager v1.7 (Updated March 6, 2013!)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
NeoDraconis

Re: Grognak's Mod Manager v1.7 (Updated March 6, 2013!)

Postby NeoDraconis » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:47 am

Thanks for the help.
Sovereighn2280

Postby Sovereighn2280 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:24 pm

Vhati wrote:
Sovereighn2280 wrote:Vhati, I used a full conversion mod today, but I can't seem to remove it. The patching with nothing selected method doesn't do anything. I fear that I may need to delete something from the FTL files, but I would know what to delete.
Treat it the same way you did corrupted resources.

Thanks again, Vhati. You've been a great help to me.
natsirt721

Postby natsirt721 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:28 pm

Hey, I'm having some issues with mod conflicts (I think this is the right place for this).
My OS is Ubuntu 12.10, and I purchased and run FTL via Steam.

So I began experimenting with mods a while ago, when GMM was on 1.5. I didn't end up installing anything. Yesterday I decided to try again, so one of the first mods I installed was Descent into Darkness. I then decided to try Infinite Space, so I used GMM 1.5 to patch a clean build, then tried to install Infinite space. There was a conflict with the old version of GMM and IS, so I downloaded 1.7 and patched IS. For some reason, DiD was still installed, even though I reset FTL to vanilla. Long story short, I reinstalled FTL from steam multiple times, even deleting the .steam/steam/SteamApps/common/FTL Faster Than Light folder. Same result. The first run is vanilla, but when I try to add IS it patches DiD into it as well.

Any ideas why this is happening?
Monation

Postby Monation » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:32 pm

Hello, can someone help me out?
I patched the Infinite Space mod in and everything seemed fine.
I run the game and it loads up perfectly.
I ran the tutorial and everything was perfect too.

But then I went to the New Game screen to set up the name of my ship and crew, and when I hit Start, the program just closes. No error, nothing. Just crashes.

I run Mac OS X 10.7.5, GMM 1.7 and FTL 1.03.1, Infinite Space 0.4.4 High Res
I tried deleting and re-installing both FTL and then Grognak's, and this is the only mod I've ever installed.
Anyone know what could be wrong?
ImplacableTardigrade

Postby ImplacableTardigrade » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:58 pm

This may not be the best place to ask, but how would one install a .ftl file (For an individual ship) without this? Would you need any programs? Using windows 7.
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:23 pm

Bob Christ wrote:I tried running modman as administrator but it didn't work,nor using command prompt. If anyone can help I would be greatly appreciated.
Run as admin to patch again, attach your log here, and I'll see what I can make of it.
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:29 pm

natsirt721 wrote:For some reason, DiD was still installed, even though I reset FTL to vanilla.
Mods need to be removed before using a another instance of GMM, because that one will use FTL's current state as the baseline for further mods.

See this post.
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:35 pm

Monation wrote:But then I went to the New Game screen to set up the name of my ship and crew, and when I hit Start, the program just closes. No error, nothing. Just crashes.

I run Mac OS X 10.7.5, GMM 1.7 and FTL 1.03.1, Infinite Space 0.4.4 High Res
this is the only mod I've ever installed.
I've heard the Hi-res Infinite Space has crashed on some systems.
Try its low-res variant, or some other mods.

Since you've reinstalled, I assume you're back to vanilla and are in a position to do such experimenting.
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:47 pm

ImplacableTardigrade wrote:This may not be the best place to ask, but how would one install a .ftl file without this?
That... would not be fun.

Basically you'd have to:
  • Backup FTL/resources/*.dat so you can revert to vanilla later.
  • Rename the mod *.ftl to *.zip.
  • Extract the contents of the mod somewhere.
  • Use ftldat to append the content of any *.xml.append or *.append.xml from the mod to the content of the similarly named file inside the dat (FTL/resources/data.dat).
    For example: {mod}/data/blueprints.append.xml gets appended to {data.dat}/data/blueprints.xml.
  • Use ftldat to add any remaining files from the mod to the appropriate dat (either data.dat or resource.dat).
There can be a lot of files in a mod to individually append/add.
ImplacableTardigrade

Postby ImplacableTardigrade » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:02 am

First of all, thank you for the quick reply on my previous post.

To the best of my knowledge I installed python 2.7.3 properly, and it is running. I know something has changed, as previously attempting to run modman.exe would admonish me for not having python installed. Now, unfortunately, it instantly closes, showing only for a brief instant a command prompt window with some text in it. Here is the error report received when "modman.exe" is typed into normal command window:

C:\Program Files (x86)\FTL>modman.exe
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\FTL\main.py", Line 37, in (module)
logfile_handler = logging.filehandler(os.path.join(dir_self,"modman-log.txt"),mode= "w"
File "C:\Python27\lib\logging\_init_.py",line 897, in _init_
StreamHandler._init_(self,self._open())
File "C:\Python27\lib\logging\_init_.py",line 916, in _open
stream = open(self.baseFilename, self.mode)
101Error: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\FTL\\modman-log.txt'
Last edited by ImplacableTardigrade on Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.