Grognak's Mod Manager v1.7 (Updated March 6, 2013!)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
ser_aerochorro

Re: Grognak's Mod Manager (v1.3)

Postby ser_aerochorro » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:49 pm

Grognak, here is my modified main.py. The part where dir_root, dir_mods and dir_res are get works 100% differently on Mac(if it is run on another system it works just like before). And the part where it checks for FTLGame.exe is skipped when on Mac (it was there to make sure that the manager was in the right place, this work anywhere so that is useless now). I will post the .app soon(I'm still tweaking a few things).
ser_aerochorro

Postby ser_aerochorro » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:10 pm

FINISHED! This is the app: just unzip it and run it somewhere(You could put it in Applications if you wanted).

This is the source. It can be built with py2app. It includes the icon, the .plist and everything.

Some things about the Mac version:
-It has an icon(yay!). Just a charged Mk1 combat drone, nothing too fancy.
-On Mac, the mods folder is on "~/Documents/FTL mods" by default. If the app is run and it isn't there(read: the first time you run it), it will create it and put the beginning scrap mod there. To change the mods folder, change the "macmodsfolder" option on modman.ini
-Modman.ini is still inside the app. Moving it would have made things much more complicated. You normally wouldn't need to change it anyway.
-About the "open file" thing. If you are using steam, you will just need to select "yes" on the first dialog and it will detect it itself: if you are using the DRM-Free version, however, you can use the "open file" dialog. However, the Tkinter "open file" dialogs have 2 problems:
-1: You can't just drag and drop: you'll have to find the app manually.
-2: It detects mac apps as folders(because they technically are folders): to select them properly, you have to find the app, DOUBLE-CLICK IT TO GO INSIDE THEM, and the press OK(just selecting them and pressing OK doesn't work).
-After selecting the mods you want to use, it won't have any window open and just bounce in the Dock for a while. This is normal. A message box will pop when it's finished.
Grognak

Postby Grognak » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:03 pm

cogitator wrote:Help? I have the new events renamed as events.xml.append, and in the correct folder inside a zip file. The zip is renamed to use the .ftl extension.

Do me a favor. Make a new folder with brand new files (make SURE that they are ANSI encoded,) and copy and paste your old contents into your new files. Then make sure that you compress the folder using the .zip format, rename it, and try again. Wacky error.

@Ser_aerochorro, neat stuff. I'll try to merge your changes for 1.4 or 1.5.
Fracture

Postby Fracture » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:49 pm

So my retarded Anti-virus says the .exe is infected with malware, and even when I tell it that the file is ok, it still wont let me extract it from the zip file.

Any idea why its doing this?
Grognak

Postby Grognak » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:43 am

Yes, your Anti-virus is registering it as a false positive.

To find out how to extract it anyway, Google your Anti-virus' name along with "how to add file to exceptions list."
xXSoulSlayerXx

Postby xXSoulSlayerXx » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:52 am

ser_aerochorro wrote:FINISHED! This is the app: just unzip it and run it somewhere(You could put it in Applications if you wanted).

This is the source. It can be built with py2app. It includes the icon, the .plist and everything.

Some things about the Mac version:
-It has an icon(yay!). Just a charged Mk1 combat drone, nothing too fancy.
-On Mac, the mods folder is on "~/Documents/FTL mods" by default. If the app is run and it isn't there(read: the first time you run it), it will create it and put the beginning scrap mod there. To change the mods folder, change the "macmodsfolder" option on modman.ini
-Modman.ini is still inside the app. Moving it would have made things much more complicated. You normally wouldn't need to change it anyway.
-About the "open file" thing. If you are using steam, you will just need to select "yes" on the first dialog and it will detect it itself: if you are using the DRM-Free version, however, you can use the "open file" dialog. However, the Tkinter "open file" dialogs have 2 problems:
-1: You can't just drag and drop: you'll have to find the app manually.
-2: It detects mac apps as folders(because they technically are folders): to select them properly, you have to find the app, DOUBLE-CLICK IT TO GO INSIDE THEM, and the press OK(just selecting them and pressing OK doesn't work).
-After selecting the mods you want to use, it won't have any window open and just bounce in the Dock for a while. This is normal. A message box will pop when it's finished.

Great job!!! No more long command lists in terminal anymore!!! Cheers to you set_aerochorro! :D
Ahhhhhh!!! Not the ion cannons!!!
ser_aerochorro

Postby ser_aerochorro » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:32 am

xXSoulSlayerXx wrote:Great job!!! No more long command lists in terminal anymore!!! Cheers to you set_aerochorro! :D

So you have tested it and it actually works for you? It has all the binaries and modules needed, so it should work on every modern Mac, but I only tested in mine...
ser_aerochorro

Postby ser_aerochorro » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:12 pm

Grognak, I just sended a pull request with my changes.

You can't imagine how hard it was to figure out how github works xD

But, shouldn't all the other files be there too? At least the modman.ini, the mods folder and the Mac setup.py.
Oh, and speaking of the modman.ini, GMM should be able to create one when it isn't there...
Grognak

Postby Grognak » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:44 pm

I don't think you did it quite right. All I'm seeing is a request to delete .gitignore and no changed code. :)
ser_aerochorro

Postby ser_aerochorro » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:22 pm

Grognak wrote:I don't think you did it quite right. All I'm seeing is a request to delete .gitignore and no changed code. :)

Fixed.
Last edited by ser_aerochorro on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.