Grognak's Mod Manager v1.7 (Updated March 6, 2013!)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
All4n

Re: Grognak's Mod Manager (v1.3)

Postby All4n » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:57 am

Torchwood202 wrote:Ok...to basically summarize the entire problem together;

I have no idea WHAT to type into the terminal to unzip or install it, I have no idea HOW to put easygui_version0.96.tar into the terminal no matter what I type it as, and finally, I have absolutely no idea what a tarball is...but i assume it means .zip or .tar or stuff like that.

Can you just....really, REALLY specifically tell me what to type/do? :oops:

Hmm if you can wait, I'll make a Mac App from Grognak's scripts. Should not take long, I just need my Mac and not my Windows to do this.

Grognak do you accept some changes to the main.py? That would be the best way to determine platform, I need this to get some paths working correctly. And if would be best if merged so I don't have to update my script all the time.

I'll use py2app for this, like the one you might have used py2exe :-)
Got a event, alternative text, or maybe a new sector? Add it to the Additional Events & Texts (AET) mod! Credits will be given, and you will help make a big pack of content!
boa13

Postby boa13 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:30 am

Handling tar files from the command-line:

Code: Select all

# To list the contents:
tar -tvf filename.tar

# To extract the contents:
tar -xvf filename.tar

Note that tar files are often compressed (tar.gz, tgz, and similar filename extensions). In those cases you command line will have to be slightly different.

Like most Unix commands, tar does not care much about filename extensions by the way. It will just try to open whatever filename you give it, and complain if it does not understand the format.
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
fdp139

Postby fdp139 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:01 am

Grognak wrote:
fdp139 wrote:i got this error

also its the ubuntu version not the steam

Looks like you're trying to run the exe via wine or something? Check the /src/ directory and it's readme.

how do i run it trough python
Gundrium

Postby Gundrium » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:11 pm

I've tried to download your manager, but I've hit a snag.
BTW: Windows/ XP/ SP3.

I've gotten the manager downloaded. I've put it into the file like your readme said to. I've put the .ftl into the mods folder, and I have ensured that data.DAT and resources.dat are NOT read only.

Yet no matter how many times I do this, the game will refuse to launch afterwards. I won't even get to the loading screen, and the game shows up as "Not Responsive" in task manager.

Any ideas on what's going on?
Torchwood202

Postby Torchwood202 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:52 pm

All4n wrote:
Torchwood202 wrote:Ok...to basically summarize the entire problem together;

I have no idea WHAT to type into the terminal to unzip or install it, I have no idea HOW to put easygui_version0.96.tar into the terminal no matter what I type it as, and finally, I have absolutely no idea what a tarball is...but i assume it means .zip or .tar or stuff like that.

Can you just....really, REALLY specifically tell me what to type/do? :oops:

Hmm if you can wait, I'll make a Mac App from Grognak's scripts. Should not take long, I just need my Mac and not my Windows to do this.

Grognak do you accept some changes to the main.py? That would be the best way to determine platform, I need this to get some paths working correctly. And if would be best if merged so I don't have to update my script all the time.

I'll use py2app for this, like the one you might have used py2exe :-)

Thanks All4n! When you finish plz email me what to do with EXCRUCIATING DETAIL at jacob.carter9@gmail.com
Grognak

Postby Grognak » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:40 pm

Thanks All4n. I'd love to do it myself but I don't think it's possible to make a Mac binary on Windows. :(

fdp139 wrote:
Grognak wrote:
fdp139 wrote:i got this error

also its the ubuntu version not the steam

Looks like you're trying to run the exe via wine or something? Check the /src/ directory and it's readme.

how do i run it trough python

Navigate to it in your terminal and use: python main.py I believe.

Gundrium wrote:I've tried to download your manager, but I've hit a snag.
BTW: Windows/ XP/ SP3.

I've gotten the manager downloaded. I've put it into the file like your readme said to. I've put the .ftl into the mods folder, and I have ensured that data.DAT and resources.dat are NOT read only.

Yet no matter how many times I do this, the game will refuse to launch afterwards. I won't even get to the loading screen, and the game shows up as "Not Responsive" in task manager.

Any ideas on what's going on?

That's odd. Have you tried repatching with no mods selected? With only the included mod selected?
Gundrium

Postby Gundrium » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:40 pm

Yes.

Also of note:
When I try to use your Manager, I encounter an issue. Afterwards, I need to either re install 1. FTL, or 2. .NET framework. I also have problems with an error code. I noticed that your Mod compiler was having some sort of DOS error when it tried to activate the mods. through the use of 1000 hours on Paint and my 'Prnt Scrn' button, I found it showed something about needing an argument length of 8? Any ideas?
Grognak

Postby Grognak » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:44 pm

You have to reinstall the .Net framework?? :lol: That's the first I've heard of that!

Try deleting the /resources/ folder and verifying your game cache.
Gundrium

Postby Gundrium » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:46 pm

Grognak wrote:You have to reinstall the .Net framework?? :lol: That's the first I've heard of that!

Try deleting the /resources/ folder and verifying your game cache.

Steam, huh? Funny. I'm a GOG user. That was no help whatsoever. :oops:
Grognak

Postby Grognak » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:48 pm

Redownload the /resources/ folder from GoG then. :)