Grognak's Mod Manager v1.7 (Updated March 6, 2013!)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Grognak

Re: Grognak's Mod Manager (v1.3)

Postby Grognak » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:57 am

HeliosRX wrote:Uh, it's not.

I meant the mod manager files, not the .EXE (which doesn't exist on the mac version) :)

As to your other problem, it seems more Mac-specific then GMM. I'd Google around if swixel's advice doesn't work for you. Sorry I can't be more help.
HeliosRX

Postby HeliosRX » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:07 am

Thank you very much!
daj327

Postby daj327 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:34 pm

I have a issue. When I tried to start up GMM with the mod that it came with, I got some problem.The actual main menu looks fine, but when I click new game, every sprite is replaced by a caution sign. All the crew, weapons, and system bars are the yellow, triangle caution sign.It's same thing when I start the game.
hero690

Postby hero690 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:02 am

Hello i am using linux and i didn't download it threw stream do i have to have it threw stream to get this to run and if i don't i am having a problem installing it because your instructions confused me lol.
Grognak

Postby Grognak » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:22 am

daj327 wrote:I have a issue. When I tried to start up GMM with the mod that it came with, I got some problem.The actual main menu looks fine, but when I click new game, every sprite is replaced by a caution sign. All the crew, weapons, and system bars are the yellow, triangle caution sign.It's same thing when I start the game.

I'll guess you're using pre-modded files as a base? That'd be a no-no if that's the case.

hero690 wrote:Hello i am using linux and i didn't download it threw stream do i have to have it threw stream to get this to run and if i don't i am having a problem installing it because your instructions confused me lol.

Seeing as Steam for Linux isn't out yet, the answer is no you don't need it. :lol: Sorry, I can't really provide more detailed instructions than what's in the folder. Install EasyGUI, move the files in the correct spot and start it up through python. I don't use Linux so I can't help further then that.
Qev

Postby Qev » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:38 am

Steam has patched the game to v1.02.5... do we need to update anything? :)
Grognak

Postby Grognak » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:39 pm

Qev wrote:Steam has patched the game to v1.02.5... do we need to update anything? :)

For the most part, I don't think so. Mods themselves might have to update but GMM should be safe.
hero690

Postby hero690 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:37 pm

Grognak wrote:
daj327 wrote:I have a issue. When I tried to start up GMM with the mod that it came with, I got some problem.The actual main menu looks fine, but when I click new game, every sprite is replaced by a caution sign. All the crew, weapons, and system bars are the yellow, triangle caution sign.It's same thing when I start the game.

I'll guess you're using pre-modded files as a base? That'd be a no-no if that's the case.

hero690 wrote:Hello i am using linux and i didn't download it threw stream do i have to have it threw stream to get this to run and if i don't i am having a problem installing it because your instructions confused me lol.

Seeing as Steam for Linux isn't out yet, the answer is no you don't need it. :lol: Sorry, I can't really provide more detailed instructions than what's in the folder. Install EasyGUI, move the files in the correct spot and start it up through python. I don't use Linux so I can't help further then that.
umm okay how do i install it that way lol
Grognak

Postby Grognak » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:39 pm

You need to be more specific on to where you're stuck. Make sure to read through the readme in the /src/ directory again.
hero690

Postby hero690 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:41 pm

Grognak wrote:You need to be more specific on to where you're stuck. Make sure to read through the readme in the /src/ directory again.
i am stuck with unpacking it i unpack it i jsut don't understand what you mean by navagiate to it in your terminal like where would i find it under