Grognak's Mod Manager v1.7 (Updated March 6, 2013!)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
theguruofreason

Re: Grognak's Mod Manager (v1.3)

Postby theguruofreason » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:51 am

I'm going to start modding. If I want to remove an event from the game, how will I do that with an ".append" file?
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:23 am

theguruofreason wrote:I'm going to start modding. If I want to remove an event from the game, how will I do that with an ".append" file?

Remove it entirely, or change it to do something else?
You can't actually "remove" an event with .append, but you can change the events where that particular event is triggered. (example, rewriting <event name="TRADER_CIV"> to call some other event or nothing at by modifying its <event load="..."/> functions). In this method, the event you wanted to remove is still "there," but since nothing points to it, it never gets called.
Bob the Engi

Postby Bob the Engi » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:07 am

Eh... I don't have a FTLGame.exe file...
I bought FTL via Steam, and I have Windows. I know that it SHOULD reside in in FTL Faster Than Light, under common, under SteamApps, under Steam, under Program Files (x86), under the local disk in Computer.
I do have a FTLGame file, but it's not .exe. It is an application, and starts the game.
And I swear that I didn't touch the base file before I got GMM.

Also, another question: How do you start GMM? With Modman? Because I have no idea.

I hope I can fix this soon. I'm eager to use some mods like the Obsidian Cruiser and the Foundation of the Federation.
hero690

Postby hero690 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:23 am

okay i tried to get your mod to run but when i tried to get the setup to work all i get was invaild syntax i am a idiot at this sometimes so i might be doing something wrong help would be nice lol
All4n

Postby All4n » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:25 pm

Erm, it says that it needs to be in the same folder as FTLGame.exe on my Mac... that's a problem. What do I do?
Got a event, alternative text, or maybe a new sector? Add it to the Additional Events & Texts (AET) mod! Credits will be given, and you will help make a big pack of content!
Torchwood202

Postby Torchwood202 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:13 pm

I cant access my mod manager, because I do not have FTL files. My computor says that the game files do not exist. I've tried everything, HELP ME PLZ
Grognak

Postby Grognak » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:06 pm

Bob the Engi wrote:Eh... I don't have a FTLGame.exe file...
I bought FTL via Steam, and I have Windows. I know that it SHOULD reside in in FTL Faster Than Light, under common, under SteamApps, under Steam, under Program Files (x86), under the local disk in Computer.
I do have a FTLGame file, but it's not .exe. It is an application, and starts the game.
And I swear that I didn't touch the base file before I got GMM.

I don't know if they renamed it for the DRM-free version or what, but the mod manager files should be in the same directory of the application used to play the game.

Bob the Engi wrote:Also, another question: How do you start GMM? With Modman? Because I have no idea.

Yes sir.

hero690 wrote:okay i tried to get your mod to run but when i tried to get the setup to work all i get was invaild syntax i am a idiot at this sometimes so i might be doing something wrong help would be nice lol

Sounds like you're either mistyping the command or you don't have python 2.x installed.

All4n wrote:Erm, it says that it needs to be in the same folder as FTLGame.exe on my Mac... that's a problem. What do I do?

The enclosed readme file gives you the correct location for Mac OS X. :)

Torchwood202 wrote:I cant access my mod manager, because I do not have FTL files. My computor says that the game files do not exist. I've tried everything, HELP ME PLZ

I can't help you without more details. Did you move everything to the correct folder? Check out the the readme file that GMM comes with.
Straykiller

Postby Straykiller » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:10 pm

is their a mac version? thanks
Big_Fuzzy_Dude

Postby Big_Fuzzy_Dude » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:15 pm

I'm a modding novice and when you say in the mac version to "navigate to it in your terminal and install it", who do you do that? I know what terminal but I have never used it. Or could you point me to a video tutorial. :)
Torchwood202

Postby Torchwood202 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:09 am

I followed your directions and when I opened main.py via Python Launcher 2.6.1 I got this message pop-up...
Last login: Sun Sep 30 23:05:43 on ttys000
cd '/Users/Denise/Desktop/Grognaks Mod Manager v1.3/src/' && '/usr/bin/pythonw' '/Users/Denise/Desktop/Grognaks Mod Manager v1.3/src/main.py' && echo Exit status: $? && exit 1
Denise-Irizarrys-MacBook-Pro:~ Denise$ cd '/Users/Denise/Desktop/Grognaks Mod Manager v1.3/src/' && '/usr/bin/pythonw' '/Users/Denise/Desktop/Grognaks Mod Manager v1.3/src/main.py' && echo Exit status: $? && exit 1
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/Denise/Desktop/Grognaks Mod Manager v1.3/src/main.py", line 4, in <module>
from ftldat import FTLDatUnpacker as du
File "/Users/Denise/Desktop/Grognaks Mod Manager v1.3/src/ftldat.py", line 4, in <module>
import argparse
ImportError: No module named argparse
Denise-Irizarrys-MacBook-Pro:src Denise$

Anyway I couldn't do anything else with it to this point. Not sure if I do ANOTHER thing or its just broken for me...Well, plz respond and thanks for telling me how to get this far :D I really appreciate it!