Grognak's Mod Manager v1.7 (Updated March 6, 2013!)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
LeCornGuy

Re: Grognak's Mod Manager v1.5 (Updated Dec 19 2012!)

Postby LeCornGuy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:33 pm

Maifa_Monkey wrote:
LeCornGuy wrote:Yeah, I have the same problem, when I install a mod, then launch FTL I get either a white screen and crash, or a black screen with whit middle, then crash again, PLEASE help, I really want infinite space.

do you have vista?

No, I have win 7, but I dont see how that applies, either way I think more than you and me have this problem, I saw another person I think on reddit with the same problem
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:50 am

YA KNOW WHAT, If no one cares to help me, I might as well leave this site, as unless I can update my game, as well as play with mods, I see no reason to continue my FTL Series. You guys understand?! So someone help me out or I will leave, and you guys will lose a way to get your mods out into the open
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:30 am

BrenTenkage wrote:YA KNOW WHAT, If no one cares to help me, I might as well leave this site, as unless I can update my game, as well as play with mods, I see no reason to continue my FTL Series. You guys understand?! So someone help me out or I will leave, and you guys will lose a way to get your mods out into the open

Calm down there, comrade. If no one's offering help it's probably because they don't know what could be wrong. Getting angry about it won't help anyone.

That said, I'm pretty sure "modman.exe" and all GMM files need to be in the same folder as the FTL executable itself.
From your screenshot, it looks like you've got it in its own GMM subfolder, which means it's looking for GMM\resources\(data/resource).dat and not finding them.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:32 am

Ok...I think I got it....

Sorry Keive, lost my cool, I basically redownloaded everything and now it works
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
pion

Postby pion » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:57 pm

Help. I can't figure out how to run GMM. I downloaded everything and read the instructions, here, several times. I'm chomping at the bit to try this mod.

Nevermind. Found it in a "D'OH" moment.
LeCornGuy

Postby LeCornGuy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:11 pm

Can anyone help me with my blackscreen white box problem... Please? I just think that FTL is getting a bit repetitive and want to try infinite space, please? If you need more info I can get you more.
Vuliev

Postby Vuliev » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:04 pm

Mediafire has apparently blocked the downloads because the .exe has been flagged as a virus. Anyone have a mirror I can use in the meantime?
Vigilant

Postby Vigilant » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:02 pm

Avira Security: Trojan found, TR/Rogue.kdv.764073.3.

False alarm or not?
Maifa_Monkey

Postby Maifa_Monkey » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:24 pm

LeCornGuy wrote:Can anyone help me with my blackscreen white box problem... Please? I just think that FTL is getting a bit repetitive and want to try infinite space, please? If you need more info I can get you more.

I finally found a way to fix it! uninstall ftl and reinstall it but make sure to reinstall it in a different location then before , now it works like charm !
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:12 am

Maifa_Monkey wrote:
LeCornGuy wrote:Can anyone help me with my blackscreen white box problem... Please? I just think that FTL is getting a bit repetitive and want to try infinite space, please? If you need more info I can get you more.

I finally found a way to fix it! uninstall ftl and reinstall it but make sure to reinstall it in a different location then before , now it works like charm !

If that is the case, then it seems there was garbage left in the registry. Check out Glary Utilities. Amongst the tools is a registry cleaner that removes unused garbage leftover after uninstalling apps. It also has a better uninstaller that removes programs completely. You don't need to purge you PC totally or use all of the tools, in fact i would not even recommend that. But certainly check your registry because there's probably several hundred dead entries there.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.