Grognak's Mod Manager v1.7 (Updated March 6, 2013!)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Macspt

Re: Grognak's Mod Manager v1.5 (Updated Dec 19 2012!)

Postby Macspt » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:26 am

Treners wrote:I've encountered an issue whenever I try to use the mod manager. Whenever I patch the game the mod manager dialogue window throws up a brief error message very quickly (too quickly for me to make it out, I can try and screenshot it) and then when I open FTL I get a very serious graphics bug. How serious? Well..
I'm running Windows Vista 64 bit. I tried deleting resources and using steam to verify the cache, it redownloaded and ran fine vanilla, then the same issue happened when I tried using the mod manager again. Any help would be most appreciated.

Sounds like you have a corrupt mod file. If you are using several mod files, try patching the game with only one mod file at a time. If you can isolate the issue to one specific mod file, you can then try re-downloading that file. Also make sure you have installed Python version 2.7.3.

I just finished making a quick install video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY4-_YkuRGU

You can find python here --> http://www.python.org/getit/
I think you need this flavor --> Python 2.7.3 Windows X86-64 Installer
saren12

Postby saren12 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:15 am

just found out about this and i am trying to set it up, im on arch linux 64 bit and from what i read in this forum, i ran installed it to the FTL folder and placed the contents of the src to where the exe is. i ran this code python2 main.py and got this

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "main.py", line 417, in <module>
    allowzip = cfg.getboolean("settings", "allowzip")
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ConfigParser.py", line 368, in getboolean
    v = self.get(section, option)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ConfigParser.py", line 607, in get
    raise NoSectionError(section)
ConfigParser.NoSectionError: No section: 'settings'

is there something that i didnt do
LBraden

Postby LBraden » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:52 am

Okay, was able to grab a screenie of the error

I installed Python, and I also copied all the files in, it is quite disconcerting that it's failing every time I tried, heck, even tried reinstalling Python and still no luck.
Grognak

Postby Grognak » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:28 am

@saren12, You need to make sure to move the .ini over with the source files :)

@LBraden, Yeah that's a completely different error. I'm still not positive what causes it; still working on it.
Binkow

Postby Binkow » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:48 pm

derjuden wrote:So I have ftl 1.031 DRM free on win 7 64-bit and GMM 1.5. I extracted it to the ftl folder which is in the default location. I try to load the sample mod, or a combination of mods it doesn't matter it always acts like its loaded properly and asks me to run the ftl window pops up then crashes with no error. I can't even get GMM to load ftl if no mods are selected. Its got to be something stupid as to why its I can't get any mods to work. FTL still works if I just run FTLgame.exe, and I tried deleting the data and resource folders and bak files with no luck.

Any advise would be appreciated.
Edit: So I noticed that some of the mods are working if after running GMM and it crashing I just load FTLgame. So for anyone else having this problem, GMM is modding the game but it won't load from GMM properly.

Also wouldn't it make more sense to have a troubleshooting section for mods in its own subforum instead of having one big thread where you can't find a solution cuz its almost 60 pages long? I do like to search ahead of time, but a 57 page thread is impossible to find a solution in.

Is there a way to fix this? I have the same problem..
Vincam195

Postby Vincam195 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:09 pm

I've had a problem. Whenever I install a mod, some of the Options Menu GUI disappears and some of the text becomes smaller and is unaligned. Could someone help me?
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:21 pm

Vincam195 wrote:I've had a problem. Whenever I install a mod, some of the Options Menu GUI disappears and some of the text becomes smaller and is unaligned. Could someone help me?

This should fix you right up, Vincam.
Vincam195

Postby Vincam195 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:46 pm

Kieve wrote:
Vincam195 wrote:I've had a problem. Whenever I install a mod, some of the Options Menu GUI disappears and some of the text becomes smaller and is unaligned. Could someone help me?

This should fix you right up, Vincam.

I had tried that and it didn't do anything. I deleted those and then used GMM. The files mentioned were made again and FTL stayed the same. One thing I did notice, though was that I tried deselecting all of the mods, hoping that uninstalling them would help, but all of the mods stayed installed when I launched FTL again.
EDIT: Another thing. It seems as if when I do install the mods, FTL downgrades (maybe because of what Splette said). Two things that hinted at this was that when O2 ran out in a room, the floor didn't have stripes through them, but also didn't have the orange walls around it. The other thing is that the "enemy powering FTL" text didn't appear when the enemy was powering it's FTL drive. Just letting you know to see if that helps.
Tekidek

Postby Tekidek » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:56 pm

How do you rename a mod that came in .zip to .ftl ??

Simply 'renaming' it through the right-click option does nothing. Windows still recognizes as a .zip and so does GMM, since the mod (which contains a data/blueprints.xml.append) doesn't appear in the list.

Ah, it's the first mod I downloaded (bulwark_flame).
W1LL14M

Postby W1LL14M » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:31 pm

Could someone tell me if it's possible to run this on Mac 10.5? If so I could really use a guide or a video or something. Thanks.