Grognak's Mod Manager v1.7 (Updated March 6, 2013!)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Flamingdodo

Re: Grognak's Mod Manager v1.4.1 (Updated Nov 9 2012!)

Postby Flamingdodo » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:31 pm

Solarion wrote:
Grognak wrote:@Solarion, unfortunately not. I'm not sure what the difference the steam version has VS the drm-free version that would cause such an error. A screenshot might help, yeah.

@Vincam, sounds like you're getting an error. Make sure you extracted everything to the right place.

This is the error that I get after trying to patch the game with the extra scrap options. Hope it helps. I'd like confirmation from other users whether this is their problem as well.

I get the same crash report when I try to use it for any mod so far, so if you get an idea on how to fix it please message me.
PCPreditor

Postby PCPreditor » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:41 pm

Solarion wrote:
Grognak wrote:@Solarion, unfortunately not. I'm not sure what the difference the steam version has VS the drm-free version that would cause such an error. A screenshot might help, yeah.

@Vincam, sounds like you're getting an error. Make sure you extracted everything to the right place.

This is the error that I get after trying to patch the game with the extra scrap options. Hope it helps. I'd like confirmation from other users whether this is their problem as well.

I have that problem to when I try to put a mod on mt FTL
Grognak

Postby Grognak » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:52 am

The error looks like it has something to do with PyInstaller. Instead of running modman.exe, can any of you download Python 2.7.3, drag the .py files from the /src/ directory to where modman.exe normally goes, and try running main.py?
Zebo12345

Postby Zebo12345 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:07 am

I tried updating my Modmanager, and after that, none of the mods I had before and non of the new mods I installed worked anymore. I can select them and click patch but nothing changes. I have no idea what's wrong.

*Edit*
Okay, found out my game was in the wrong place. Silly me.
Va1iD

Postby Va1iD » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:28 am

I feel so dumb, seriously.

I did it, and it worked, and it's awesome, I don't know how, but I did it.

EDIT: Here's how.

1. Download the latest version of python.

2. Download GWM and extract the folder.

3. Go to your applications folder and open package contents of FTL

4. Navigate toward the FTL_README.HTML and copy and paste everything in the GWM folder.

5. Now, take out everything in the SRC folder and paste it in the same place as the HTML.

6. Now run the main.py python file.

7. Click no if you are running the game DRM free.

And there you go! GWM should make a mods folder where you can put your mod desires in.

And no, you don't need a modified .py file, no, you don't need a 'special' application, you need a brain. :D

If it still doesn't work, quote me and tell me what happened.

Mono is NOT needed. :)
Remember: You can never have enough lasers. Or beams. Or missiles. Or Ions. Or bombs.
Flamingdodo

Postby Flamingdodo » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:55 pm

Va1iD wrote:I feel so dumb, seriously.

I did it, and it worked, and it's awesome, I don't know how, but I did it.

EDIT: Here's how.

1. Download the latest version of python.

2. Download GWM and extract the folder.

3. Go to your applications folder and open package contents of FTL

4. Navigate toward the FTL_README.HTML and copy and paste everything in the GWM folder.

5. Now, take out everything in the SRC folder and paste it in the same place as the HTML.

6. Now run the main.py python file.

7. Click no if you are running the game DRM free.

And there you go! GWM should make a mods folder where you can put your mod desires in.

And no, you don't need a modified .py file, no, you don't need a 'special' application, you need a brain. :D

If it still doesn't work, quote me and tell me what happened.

Mono is NOT needed. :)

I tried to do that but still got the same error that a usually get.

(not sure how to post an image but is pretty much the same as was posted earlier.)
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:10 pm

The only advice i got about mods for steam games is to disable the steam updates before trying to install mods. Not sure if this helps at all.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Flamingdodo

Postby Flamingdodo » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:29 pm

UltraMantis wrote:The only advice i got about mods for steam games is to disable the steam updates before trying to install mods. Not sure if this helps at all.

Gave it a go but unfortunately made no difference.
thashepherd

Postby thashepherd » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:03 pm

Flamingdodo wrote:I tried to do that but still got the same error that a usually get.

(not sure how to post an image but is pretty much the same as was posted earlier.)

Could it be a Python version issue?

Open up a command prompt (win+R, "CMD", enter) and type "python" and paste the output here; I'd be curious to see it.
You are the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men - but I'm trying, I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.

"Wow, that Kieve guy is one angsty nerd eh."
Sonata - "Best use of Common Lisp in an indie space roguelike!"
Windupferrari

Postby Windupferrari » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:24 am

I'm not all that computer literate, so this is probably a stupid problem. Basically, I can't get GMM to recognize the .ftl files I download. I looked around a bit to see if anyone else has had this problem, but I couldn't find anything. Here's a screenshot of my situation, since that'll probably help more than me trying to describe it.

Thanks in advance for the help, I really hope I can get this to work.