Problem with modding AE content.

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
stickthemantis

Problem with modding AE content.

Postby stickthemantis » Thu May 08, 2014 6:04 pm

Hi, I`m pretty new to modding but have made a few pretty good and and a few less great mods.
Now I`m planning my new game overhaul mod, but encountered a problem that I can`t seem to get around.
My mod (or the early stage of my mod) works perfect as long as AE content is disabled.
But I cannot change anything that is related to AE. I can add weapons and edit classic ones, I can make enemy ships equip them, and I can make them appear in stores. But as soon as I try to edit AE stuff, i doesn`t work.
AE weapons remain the same and enemies can`t use my new weapons (even if I make a separate blueprintlist for them).
Player ships still work though and all classic weapons, and my weapons still appear in stores and as random drop.
Is this a common problem? How did you solve it? I have been browsing trough the data files but have no clue!

Please try to help me!
I'm Cyberboy2000, known as a modder and community leader of Invisible Inc.
I'm using this old account because I've been unable to get any verification email for a new account. Help with changing my name would be appreciated.
hilariouslijah

Re: Problem with modding AE content.

Postby hilariouslijah » Fri May 09, 2014 1:13 am

Which data files are you looking at? I'm not really a great at modding but this might help:
-The AE player ships are in dlcBlueprintsOverwrite.xml
-The AE enemy ships are also in dlcBlueprintsOverwrite.xml
-All the other AE stuff is in dlcBlueprints.xml
-AE events are in dlcEvents.xml and dlcEvents_anaerobic.xml
-most of the unmentioned stuff is in other .xml files beginning with dlc :geek:

If this is not actually your problem, I am not really sure what is wrong :?. If you could post more detail I might (just might, not guaranteed) be able to help more.
stickthemantis

Postby stickthemantis » Fri May 09, 2014 3:43 pm

That did actually help!
I didn`t know that AE uses different types of .xml files.
As I said I`m pretty new so I didn`t notice that when the update came.
But I tried to create the files you mentioned and it worked! :D
If I need more help I will ask again. Are there any more files except for the standard stuff (I think there was something about glow.xml), it might become useful in the future. :)
I'm Cyberboy2000, known as a modder and community leader of Invisible Inc.
I'm using this old account because I've been unable to get any verification email for a new account. Help with changing my name would be appreciated.
hilariouslijah

Postby hilariouslijah » Sat May 10, 2014 2:58 am

There are a couple of odd ones that I prefer to leave alone, one of them is nameEvents.xml and the other is dlcSounds.xml. There is also a file called newEvents.xml which includes various event lists, the text list for the starting tips, some demo events and some new AE events. Also, there is one called rooms.xml which I would advise leaving alone as its deals with the positioning of glow images (I think). That's all I can think of right now, but message me if you have any more questions. Glad to be of service! :).