Previews from the impatient

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
R4V3-0N

Re: Previews from the impatient

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:18 am

why are there so many good ship artists that can make a ship outa scratch? why no one does zoltan ships... those (done correctly) are the hardest ship to make from splicing =c
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:27 am

R4V3-0N wrote:why are there so many good ship artists that can make a ship outa scratch? why no one does zoltan ships... those (done correctly) are the hardest ship to make from splicing =c

Hard to make from splicing?
You mean like this?

My old Zoltan Defendant. 8-person shield room with medbay in it. Learned that stacked systems share power.

I'm not sure if the Magistrate counts though as its a mix of Slug, Zoltan and Stealth Cruiser:

I decided to amp up the power stacking potential with the Magistrate.

Ok so they're not drawn from scratch (and they're obviously symmetrical) but hey, Zoltan ships.
theDoomBox

Postby theDoomBox » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:31 am

R4V3-0N wrote:why are there so many good ship artists that can make a ship outa scratch? why no one does zoltan ships... those (done correctly) are the hardest ship to make from splicing =c

I've tried making zoltan ships, but they consume much more time then a more blocky design. Also inspiration for completely original ships can be hard to come. My ship on the previous page took me much longer then I care to admit and still it takes on a rather basic uninspired design.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:31 am

stylesrj wrote:

Hard to make from splicing?
You mean like this?

My old Zoltan Defendant. 8-person shield room with medbay in it. Learned that stacked systems share power.

I'm not sure if the Magistrate counts though as its a mix of Slug, Zoltan and Stealth Cruiser:

I decided to amp up the power stacking potential with the Magistrate.

Ok so they're not drawn from scratch (and they're obviously symmetrical) but hey, Zoltan ships.

the difference between the Zoltan Defendant and the zoltans in game is that zoltan ships are not symmetrical (by our point of view on the top down. I know the zoltan cruiser is symmetrical on 3 points off axis. I think the defender is on a 2 but we see it from a different angle, zoltan scout isn't at all symmetrical)

So yea... simply putting 1 line of symmetry over a zoltan ship doesn't make a new one sadly and that pisses me off because I have to make a full new set off zoltan ships sometime in the future. :(
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:37 pm

I'm not quite sure what I did here (saturation shift?), but this thing will be called Errlys. (Airless)
It is a "no oxygen" challenge ship, but I'm giving it an easy start with a Weapon Pre-igniter, since the starting weapon is a rather crappy Chain Flak that has poor accuracy due to how fast it can fire when fully charged.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:20 am

jeffg10

Postby jeffg10 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:44 am

NarnKar wrote:Image

OOOoooo, a new death beam for me to play with?
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:52 am

jeffg10 wrote:
NarnKar wrote:Image

OOOoooo, a new death beam for me to play with?

to be honest I can't decide if it's a weapon or a drone....

Edit: I know drones do not use scripts.

But thinking now... if the enemy had a drone then this would be me...
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:16 pm

soon.....

(Making a player ship version. want to make a boss replacer? I can gib you the gibs. (they are a bit poorly done I think... I hate my gib work.)
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
TaxiService

Postby TaxiService » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:10 pm

Woah. That's the best federation flagship i remember seeing! I like a lot those curved parts and all the details you put into it. It looks to me like something aperture-science-ish..! Good job, man!! Keep it up! : )
ImageImageImageImageImage