Previews from the impatient

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
R4V3-0N

Re: Previews from the impatient

Postby R4V3-0N » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:41 am

Sorry for double posting but what is happening here? I looked at the time stamps and it says some of us posted stuff on this page in 2013, 2014, and 2015 in all sorts of months... is that my side only or what? (I didn't edit in case I broke the timestamp even more or just to prove I'm not a lunatic)
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:25 am

Those are some awesome looking guns. I really like the greebles and bits! If you aren't using those prototype sketches for the lemon gun, would you mind letting me (or other people) use them?

As for the timestamps, they're fine on my end.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:23 am

NarnKar wrote:Those are some awesome looking guns. I really like the greebles and bits! If you aren't using those prototype sketches for the lemon gun, would you mind letting me (or other people) use them?

As for the timestamps, they're fine on my end.

I will not be using them and anyone else could use them. Just credit me for inspiration or for the work and everything will be fine. ^^
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:59 am

Due to some weather, I may be delayed in testing my latest additions to my weapon pack.

*link removed*

Here is a .zip file with three .ftl files included. One is the version 4 of the weapon pack, one is the enemy weapons add-on, and the last one is for testing the added weapons. Just for fun, I decided not to add the weapons to any ship blueprints. Instead, I made a chain of events that should that should trigger at the start of a game.

I won't officially update my weapon pack until I test it, but I'm posting this for anyone who wants to test it before I do. Perhaps someone could warn me of any SMM validate errors before I actually get there myself. It's not uncommon for me to see a few minor mistakes before I release the correct product. :P

I'll admit, I was lazy with the star shooters. It is mostly noticeable on the Star Ion, since I kept the default visual and sound effects rather than replace them with ion-based effects.

edit: Weather improved sooner than expected. I have removed the test link and will update the weapon pack shortly after this edit.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Wed May 13, 2015 8:46 pm

Cerenkov / Red-Tail :?:

How about Carnelian / The Fregatidae? I guess much didn't change here. :roll:
Can't transfer the flak artillery, but at least they have a 4-man teleporter now. :twisted:

It can even work with ship mods, as long as all the systems are assigned and they don't mess up the start beacon. Here is The Uncharted with The Torus stuff.

It's not perfect. I'm going to have to make two versions of this mod because the Level 1 shields of Noether don't get along with the stealth ships who need Level 2 shields when purchased.

Update: 29(?)/28 complete and partially tested; look for the Hull Swap mod, which should be posted sometime after this edit.
Last edited by RAD-82 on Thu May 14, 2015 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Thu May 14, 2015 4:58 am

Rough draft of a ship...

I need some help, actually. The dark grey section towards the back, with the light green circle around it? That's supposed to be greebles. But I cannot, for the life of me, figure out any greebles that look nice for it. Could someone help me with greebling that section?

..I also can't figure out how to make the armor plates (light grey) look like not a piece of shit. But that's a question for another time.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu May 14, 2015 8:37 am

That looks awesome. Seriously, I can't wait to see the finished product.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Thu May 14, 2015 5:59 pm

RAD-82 wrote:It can even work with ship mods, as long as all the systems are assigned and they don't mess up the start beacon. Here is The Uncharted with The Torus stuff.

\

"It"??? What is this?
theDoomBox

Postby theDoomBox » Thu May 14, 2015 6:37 pm

NarnKar wrote:Image

Rough draft of a ship...

I need some help, actually. The dark grey section towards the back, with the light green circle around it? That's supposed to be greebles. But I cannot, for the life of me, figure out any greebles that look nice for it. Could someone help me with greebling that section?

..I also can't figure out how to make the armor plates (light grey) look like not a piece of shit. But that's a question for another time.

I could try my hand at creating some greebles there if you'd like. I would imagine that those would be plate at the back, breaking off and exposing a reactor or some other similar component.
Last edited by theDoomBox on Thu May 14, 2015 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Thu May 14, 2015 7:01 pm

Go for it, doomBox! I made an attempt myself, but I'm not quite satisfied with it.