Previews from the impatient

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
kartoFlane

Re: Previews from the impatient

Postby kartoFlane » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:57 pm

stylesrj wrote:
2B) Also the two weapons slots break the autofire button, is there an autofire hot key or a way to bypass this?

Well you can hold down ctrl if you want a gun to autofire. Or I think if you hit A. I dunno, I don't use the autofire. Revolver Ocelot would know if I did :P

The V key also toggles autofire, IIRC. It's essentially the same as clicking the button.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:25 pm

WhiteWeasel wrote:Ohhh darn, it changes the systems blueprint, meaning it'd affect every ship. Hmm, I guess I can make a mini patch if people desire those changes.

Somehow though it affects the Rebel Flagship and makes it 3-shielded. But at the same time, you have Station's Job where you can only have Level 1 Engines but enemy ships are going about with high powered engines, etc.
Unless you mean it affects every player-controlled ship. But still, it can be rather odd at times.
Chrono Vortex

Postby Chrono Vortex » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:20 pm

Alright, I've got the Ion Cannon working exactly the way I want it.

That beam does 5 damage and 2 ion damage every 35 seconds, which means if you can't disable it before it gets a third shot off you're pretty much done for. Does anyone think getting the ability to disable a shield layer on the flagship for all it's stages is too good a reward for beating this thing in the first sector?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Yizzzy

Postby Yizzzy » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:59 pm

That's an awesome design chrono. That shading must have taken a good while. I think taking off one layer of shields for the flagship is a really strong reward, but it's not that overpowered because it doesn't affect gameplay until the very end. I find most of the time, if you've made it that far you are generally prepared anyways.
ImageClick the ship for more! With new ships updated frequently.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:39 pm

Chrono Vortex wrote:Alright, I've got the Ion Cannon working exactly the way I want it.

That beam does 5 damage and 2 ion damage every 35 seconds, which means if you can't disable it before it gets a third shot off you're pretty much done for. Does anyone think getting the ability to disable a shield layer on the flagship for all it's stages is too good a reward for beating this thing in the first sector?

You can't really be "done for" per se, since it's got no damaging weapons. However you *can* be locked into a perpetual stalemate, with your weapons disabled and unable to damage the satellite, and the satellite unable to damage you. You can't even run because your engines and piloting are disabled by ion. Seems like a run-ender right there.
Yizzzy

Postby Yizzzy » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:08 pm

Ship should be up and running in my ship mod thread (as long as no bugs) along with some headcannon for my ships by sometime today or tomorrow. I think I might have to test this one a little more than the others. :)
Chrono Vortex

Postby Chrono Vortex » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:55 pm

NarnKar wrote:You can't really be "done for" per se, since it's got no damaging weapons. However you *can* be locked into a perpetual stalemate, with your weapons disabled and unable to damage the satellite, and the satellite unable to damage you. You can't even run because your engines and piloting are disabled by ion. Seems like a run-ender right there.

I don't see what you mean. The ion beam does do 5 normal damage in addition to 2 ion damage as I said. I see how that could be a problem if there was no normal damage though.

Yizzzy wrote:I think taking off one layer of shields for the flagship is a really strong reward, but it's not that overpowered because it doesn't affect gameplay until the very end.

I'll have to consider and test other options as well of course, like taking a bar off for some of it's weapons. By the way, those ships are looking pretty darn good! Do you think you'll ever make complete mini ship images for the ones you already have done?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Yizzzy

Postby Yizzzy » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:10 pm

I don't think I'll go back and make smaller less detailed versions of the ships I've already made like FTL has at the moment. I just re-size my ships to thumbnails for the ship list screen and the score screen, and that's good enough for me.

Though it may be fun to do when I'm done making all these ships I have in my head (long ways away).

EDIT: I put my ship up in my thread.
WhiteWeasel

Postby WhiteWeasel » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:19 pm

Man if only we can play specific tracks for encounters, Overpass Battle would be perfect for my slug cannibal event.... Ooops, I said too much, hehehe.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:18 am

WhiteWeasel wrote:Man if only we can play specific tracks for encounters, Overpass Battle would be perfect for my slug cannibal event.... Ooops, I said too much, hehehe.

Slug Cannibal? Does the Slug eat other Slugs or does it eat one of your crew and it could possibly be a Slug?

Doesn't that make it just a Slug Carnivore? But then again Rocks and Engies are probably on the menu too... and Zoltan. What would you call them then?