[WIP] Flight of The Damned

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
hilariouslijah

[WIP] Flight of The Damned

Postby hilariouslijah » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:37 am

Development of This Mod Has Been Discontinued

However I am still going to create a massive overhaul only it will be much better quality, this was really just a test :lol: . Well not really, but I wasn't happy with it...
Last edited by hilariouslijah on Mon May 12, 2014 6:55 am, edited 23 times in total.
Russian Rockman

Re: [WIP] Flight of The Damned

Postby Russian Rockman » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:21 pm

I'm not sure why your ion beam graphics didn't work... Ion beams are generally really OP though because they always drain all shields so I hope that's not an issue.

I like the idea of the Zoltan laser, but from my experience weapons that cost 0 power have some issues. For example, they will repeatedly show the firing animation, but never actually fire. Maybe that was fixed in advanced edition though? Anyway, I believe the problem is caused by your weapon system being damaged. Just saying you might have some issues with that weapon.

Happy modding.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:33 pm

Rockman I have the exact same problem as you with 0 power weapons. how ever I was told that it never had an issue to start with. That confussed me but I think it is with certain settings or what have you, I remember a friend told me it worked if you had normal weapons as well.

Also the ionbeam visuals you had issues with could be caused by a small typo, leave it for a few days, then come back to it.

I had millions of times I can never figure out why something doesn't work, only to find out that I forgot a < or what ever.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
hilariouslijah

Postby hilariouslijah » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:54 am

Russian Rockman wrote:I'm not sure why your ion beam graphics didn't work... Ion beams are generally really OP though because they always drain all shields so I hope that's not an issue.

I like the idea of the Zoltan laser, but from my experience weapons that cost 0 power have some issues. For example, they will repeatedly show the firing animation, but never actually fire. Maybe that was fixed in advanced edition though? Anyway, I believe the problem is caused by your weapon system being damaged. Just saying you might have some issues with that weapon.

Happy modding.

Yes, I realised about the ion beam straight away, I think I'll make it slightly shorter and cut the system damage to 0. Also, I haven't had any issues with the Zoltan laser so far, but I think R4V3-ON is correct in saying that it will break if you have no other working weapons, which I actually don't mind.

R4V3-0N wrote:Rockman I have the exact same problem as you with 0 power weapons. how ever I was told that it never had an issue to start with. That confussed me but I think it is with certain settings or what have you, I remember a friend told me it worked if you had normal weapons as well.

Also the ionbeam visuals you had issues with could be caused by a small typo, leave it for a few days, then come back to it.

I had millions of times I can never figure out why something doesn't work, only to find out that I forgot a < or what ever.

I'll do just that for the Ion beam, and if it still doesn't work, well... :x. More content will be coming out soon, with some custom augments (obviously just event based ones like in captain's edition) and hopefully drones. Thanks so much for the encouragement guys! :P
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:20 am

Just thought I'd say that (if I remember correctly from my own testing) ion beams will drain only one shield bubble as long as the beam travels at 12 times the number of pixels (the length). This makes the beam move super fast though and sometimes it doesn't even ionize everything it should. Maybe you could just make a one room beam though, I'm not sure. Anyway, Good Luck getting that working.

I hope the Zoltan Beam works correctly. I like the idea of it. You can make 0 power drones too. 0 power drones have no issues because they work differently from weapons. ;)

What ideas do you have planned for new augments? :) I like cool augment ideas. Captain's Edition's augments are super fun.
hilariouslijah

Postby hilariouslijah » Thu May 01, 2014 1:12 am

I have a couple of ideas for augments at the moment, the first one is an Encrypted RID (Rebel Identification) that allows you to gain a small amount of free supplies from Rebel ships you meet (you play as the Rebels in Flight of the Damned). The other is a Reactor AI which allows you to gain a cheap reactor upgrade at empty beacons, of course this consumes time, just like in Captain's Edition. Any ideas you have for stuff are welcome though :D.
hilariouslijah

Postby hilariouslijah » Thu May 01, 2014 4:24 am

hilariouslijah wrote:I have a couple of ideas for augments at the moment, the first one is an Encrypted RID (Rebel Identification) that allows you to gain a small amount of free supplies from Rebel ships you meet (you play as the Rebels in Flight of the Damned). The other is a Reactor AI which allows you to gain a cheap reactor upgrade at empty beacons, of course this consumes time, just like in Captain's Edition. Any ideas you have for stuff are welcome though :D.

Well, on second thought this is harder than I expected.. I'll still make as many as I can, but I can make no promises :?.