[MOD] BYOS v1.00 - Build your own Ship - Now With CE support

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
tazardar

Re: [MOD] BYOS v1.00 - Build your own Ship - Now With CE sup

Postby tazardar » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:54 pm

New Update. Description and download in the OP.
artisauce

Postby artisauce » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:20 pm

Will there be an AE and CE version, or will I have to be forced to choose only one?
tazardar

Postby tazardar » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:23 am

The CE version should work with CE AE. It's missing some AE items (like the vulcan) at the moment, but i'm working on a new version that should fix the issue.
Ebonholt

Postby Ebonholt » Sat May 03, 2014 10:29 pm

In BYOS CE Infinite Addon unlimited scrap v1.0, the Lanius ship does not get the BYOS Lisence augmentation.
This is making me quite sad, indeed.
Phpminor

Postby Phpminor » Wed May 07, 2014 11:17 am

I Have the problem where i can't get RID of the BYOS all my normal ships scrapped all my custom ships are unscrapped though weirdly i cant get it off my game Grognaks should have removed byos but it didn't... solve it before i do something that involves wiping my ftl :evil: soon! :evil:
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed May 07, 2014 2:07 pm

You sound really aggressive and there is absolutely no need for this. Mods cannot wipe your FTL progress, cause they cannot touch your actual game profile. Verifying the game with steam or reinstalling it will fix your problem and leave your profile untouched. :roll:
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Fri May 09, 2014 8:33 pm

Phpminor wrote:I Have the problem where i can't get RID of the BYOS all my normal ships scrapped all my custom ships are unscrapped though weirdly i cant get it off my game Grognaks should have removed byos but it didn't... solve it before i do something that involves wiping my ftl :evil: soon! :evil:

You should also probably start using Slipstream rather than Grognaks.
roryokane

Postby roryokane » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:27 am

There have been some updates in the Reddit thread that were not mirrored in this thread’s first post:
Edit: The Chain and Charge lasers (including the vulcan) seem to be missing form all versions. I've added a patch for the vanilla AE version:download patch 1.01.
Simply load it after BYOS or BYOS unlimited scrap. A new category should appear in the "laser" menue. A patch for CE/CE infinite will follow soon.
Edit 2: New release for vanilla AE: BYOS v1.02. You don't need the patch for this. Vanilla AE Scrap is still unpatched. I'll release a new version of this if v1.02 fixes the issues
SpaceRogue

Postby SpaceRogue » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:20 pm

I would like to see all systems and sybsystems optional too to make custom ship classes (like a drone ship with stealth and mindcontrol but without weapons nor shields).
Shinop

Re: [MOD] BYOS v1.00 - Build your own Ship - Now With CE support

Postby Shinop » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:24 pm

I've noticed that the starting scrap for building your ship is included in your final score, so you automatically get a large boost to your score at the end. Is there any way to edit this or make another mod to re-adjust your final score? It's a little frustrating because my top 5 scores get overwritten. I could quit out before a victory is registered but I also like to see my stats and get credit for the win. I really like this mod and I understand if there's nothing that can be done. I suppose I could make a different save file to play this without it affecting my top 5 scores, although I don't have any experience with that.