[WIP] [Steampunk] Lighter than air

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
a Sir

Re: [WIP] [Steampunk] Lighter than air

Postby a Sir » Mon May 19, 2014 4:59 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:you just blown me away sir.

You started form "cool! you made artwork better then I could ever on paint.net!" to making some of the most awesomest custom ship hulls I've seen in this modding community.

Thanks so much!

Russian Rockman wrote:If you re did all the art and basically the majority of the game mechanics that would indeed be considered it's own game. ;) Matthew and Justin have said they are fine with games being "heavily" FTL inspired, as long as you don't actually use any of their assets. So hey, if you wanted to work hard enough you could quite possibly create your own game from this. :). I wish I had a little more programming knowledge.

I didn't really hope for actually programming a whole new game ourselves, but if we wanted, we could port the mod to a FTL-clone (if anyone finished making one).

R4V3-0N wrote:Suuuuuuush, he could use this knowledge to blow away the copy right terms and conditions and make it cost money as he doesn't use any assets...
We do not want something this cool to cost money do we. :?

It would be free of course! This could also potentially mean it could be free for people who don't even have FTL...
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Tue May 20, 2014 6:36 am

Just had another idea. You could have rooms without systems "inside" the actual balloon of the ship. Hull piercing weapons could then be converted into weapons that pierce the ship's balloon for double damage. Maybe the "Oxygen" system could also go there.
a Sir

Postby a Sir » Thu May 22, 2014 11:39 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:Just had another idea. You could have rooms without systems "inside" the actual balloon of the ship. Hull piercing weapons could then be converted into weapons that pierce the ship's balloon for double damage. Maybe the "Oxygen" system could also go there.

That's actually a really cool idea. I like that hull could represent weak-points in a ship!

Since superluminal2's released (thanks for the awesome tool kartoflane), I'll start making interior images and try to get a playable version released sometime next week, slowly adding more and more of the already made ships.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri May 23, 2014 9:13 am

sounds like a good idea but wouldn't the same apply to the empty systems in the hull that will be filled in when you buy a system?
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Sat May 24, 2014 3:16 am

R4V3-0N wrote:sounds like a good idea but wouldn't the same apply to the empty systems in the hull that will be filled in when you buy a system?

"Geth do not use windows. They are a structural weakness."

Perhaps the structure of the empty room had to be reinforced to accommodate the system being installed, thus making it "tougher." ;)
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sat May 24, 2014 8:09 am

true, but I would like to look at the pretty sail/ balloon / what ever :o
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon May 26, 2014 7:31 pm

A NEW DISCOVERY!!!!!!!!!!

It is possible to affect a player and enemy's reactor the same way as any other system using events! This means you could reduce a player's reactor however you want. You can make it half or a third or a fourth of what it normally would be, technically increasing the cost of reactor power by 2x or 3x (if you do it for each event). This also is a lot more practical than calling an ion storm in every single event. :D

You can limit enemies reactors to, but again... Their AI is not programmed to move crew around to deal with low power.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue May 27, 2014 7:59 am

so this mod works with the update right?
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Tue May 27, 2014 9:28 am

BrenTenkage wrote:so this mod works with the update right?

This mod doesn't work at all. :D Yet... It's as complete as complete overhaul mods can get and it was only started a while ago. So it will be a while until it is done.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue May 27, 2014 10:07 am

BrenTenkage wrote:so this mod works with the update right?

Since it was being made post update and is using some revolutionary (in terms of the year or so of no updates and no new features for modding) new things that came with AE and such.

I think it'll work with AE when it actually works. :D
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.