[WIP] [Steampunk] Lighter than air

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
BrenTenkage

Re: [WIP] [Steampunk] Lighter than air

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue May 27, 2014 11:15 am

R4V3-0N wrote:
BrenTenkage wrote:so this mod works with the update right?

Since it was being made post update and is using some revolutionary (in terms of the year or so of no updates and no new features for modding) new things that came with AE and such.

I think it'll work with AE when it actually works. :D

sweet can't wait...sorry was tired when I wrote that LOL
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Prop42

Postby Prop42 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:35 pm

Instead of an O2 system, you could have a system that keeps the balloon inflated; if it is destroyed, the ship loses altitude, and will eventually crash.
zabing12

Postby zabing12 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:17 pm

Could I use your whale?
Please don't be dead.
Matthew_Kane1

Postby Matthew_Kane1 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:09 am

My god... :shock: how did i not come across this mod until now!? Really like the style of this game overhaul mod, perhaps I could try and help this mod and prepare myself for a lot of CTDs and frustration with the coding to get it done faster.

Really hope this thread isn't dead... If so then i shall deny this thread passing into legend with this post!!

Also, I would try and add my Lanius Concept but I seem to be having a problem making it work. :(
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:26 am

I vanished for a bit, which probably didn't help (although I was just making sprites), but I'm not sure what became of the rest of the mod team...
ImageImageImage
- Gencool (aka Puppetsquid) -- I make weird stuff
Matthew_Kane1

Postby Matthew_Kane1 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:46 pm

Well that explains a lot. Perhaps I can help with the coding? And I really hope the rest of the mod team isn't gone. :(
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:31 pm

Matt, you said you had a Lanius concept? I'd personally love to see that!
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:46 pm

I think everyone just got really busy and got distracted with other things and then a Sir dropped off the face of the Earth. :( I would love to see this get revitalized though, even though it would take a crap ton of effort to get this to even an alpha state. We need to collect all the stuff we have and put it into one place. We have a bunch of crew sprite concepts and a decent number of ships. A few weapons and drone concepts somewhere I think. And some background images.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:55 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:I think everyone just got really busy and got distracted with other things and then a Sir dropped off the face of the Earth. :( I would love to see this get revitalized though, even though it would take a crap ton of effort to get this to even an alpha state. We need to collect all the stuff we have and put it into one place. We have a bunch of crew sprite concepts and a decent number of ships. A few weapons and drone concepts somewhere I think. And some background images.

That's the thing with most overhaul mods and such.

Most of them often takes longer time then anticipated and real life stuff just messes your plans up.

My FTL: Engi Brigade overhaul for eg only has a few weapons released as part of other mod ships for testing and it officially released 2 ships before the AE update. (Still need to learn how to do events...)

Nearly every other overhaul I can think off had a similar problems.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
HarkintheMantis

Postby HarkintheMantis » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:17 pm

Well i hope i didnt restart a dead forum but any ways
If any one Has watcheed steamboy It is a pretty good movie and could give this mod lots of ideas
HARKINTHEMANTIS ROCKS!!!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: