[MOD] Cl0wn's fixes and adjustments

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
StealthCl0wn
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:55 pm

[MOD] Cl0wn's fixes and adjustments

Postby StealthCl0wn » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:47 pm

I made this mod because I wanted to make the game more open, yet harder at the same time, the way a roguelike should be.

So, I opened up the files in data.dat and got to work. Here's what it contains...

Full Changelist:

* Most prices reduced, so you're not entirely screwed over if you get to the only shop in a sector and you're too poor
* All items have a chance to appear in the store
** This also means that finding what you want is going to be incredibly hard. Better pray to the RNG gods
* Buffed a few of the "low level" items so that they're dangerous, but this might get nerfed later
* Due to modified rarity values, enemy ships can spawn with absolutely any weapon in the game
* Crystal weapons, and crystal crew members, are available to buy
* Recruiting people from stores only costs 10 scrap now, we'll justify it by saying that they're obviously SO EAGER to join your crew, they're not in it for the money
* Slug crew are also available to buy
* Because bombs are... well, bombs, they no longer take up missiles.
* All missiles have reduced power use, bar 1 or 2
* Anti-bio beam has been buffed, I think
* Most weapons now have a slightly higher chance for breaching and causing fires. This ups the stakes in combat
* Enemy ships can now spawn with crystal crew members
* For noobs, the artemis launcher on the starting kestrel has been highly buffed. Gets even more buffed in the next update
* A surprise, for those that want to look for it :twisted:


Hope you like the sound of it here's the download;

http://www.mediafire.com/?rjyj5sdq96fffti
Last edited by StealthCl0wn on Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RynCage
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:25 am

Re: [MOD] Galaxy is your oyster

Postby RynCage » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:00 pm

a nice start. I'll definatly give this a try.
Sami172
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:16 pm

Re: [MOD] Galaxy is your oyster

Postby Sami172 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:10 pm

Cool Mod, will try it out with my next playtrough! :)
StealthCl0wn
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: [MOD] Galaxy is your oyster

Postby StealthCl0wn » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:16 pm

Some junk edits are still in there, like some systems have a rank that's unreachable (Scrap requirement impossible to obtain), and a few other things. I'll update it tomorrow night.
Wordsmith
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:34 pm
Location: Medbay

Re: [MOD] Galaxy is your oyster

Postby Wordsmith » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:26 pm

StealthCl0wn wrote:This removes a few of the limits on the game.

From memory, it disables the rebel fleet, and *everything* is purchasable at a store. However, everything has the same rarity value, so while you might find a burst laser III in a store, you may also find a basic laser I in Sector 7. You can also acquire crystal and slug crew members in a store too.

HOWEVER, because of rarity values, the game also becomes much harder. You might come across enemies wielding Glaive Beams and Burst Laser III and some heavy ions too. Mix things up a bit, and adds difficulty where it has been removed.

Enjoy, here's the download;

http://www.mediafire.com/?rjyj5sdq96fffti


As someone who is currently attempting to mod the store code, what file did you alter in order to get this result?
"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
BlackAlpha
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:39 pm

Re: [MOD] Galaxy is your oyster

Postby BlackAlpha » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:30 pm

Wordsmith wrote:
StealthCl0wn wrote:This removes a few of the limits on the game.

From memory, it disables the rebel fleet, and *everything* is purchasable at a store. However, everything has the same rarity value, so while you might find a burst laser III in a store, you may also find a basic laser I in Sector 7. You can also acquire crystal and slug crew members in a store too.

HOWEVER, because of rarity values, the game also becomes much harder. You might come across enemies wielding Glaive Beams and Burst Laser III and some heavy ions too. Mix things up a bit, and adds difficulty where it has been removed.

Enjoy, here's the download;

http://www.mediafire.com/?rjyj5sdq96fffti


As someone who is currently attempting to mod the store code, what file did you alter in order to get this result?


You could extract his files, then use the program WinMerge (it's easy to use) to see the differences between the original files and his.
Tysonclyde
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:16 am

Re: [MOD] Galaxy is your oyster

Postby Tysonclyde » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:43 pm

How did you fucking mod this thing. I can't figure it out for my life. i have went into the data.dat file and configured things to my liking but the game keeps crashing. FUCK GRRRRRRR.
StealthCl0wn
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: [MOD] Galaxy is your oyster

Postby StealthCl0wn » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:59 pm

BlackAlpha wrote:
Wordsmith wrote:
StealthCl0wn wrote:This removes a few of the limits on the game.

From memory, it disables the rebel fleet, and *everything* is purchasable at a store. However, everything has the same rarity value, so while you might find a burst laser III in a store, you may also find a basic laser I in Sector 7. You can also acquire crystal and slug crew members in a store too.

HOWEVER, because of rarity values, the game also becomes much harder. You might come across enemies wielding Glaive Beams and Burst Laser III and some heavy ions too. Mix things up a bit, and adds difficulty where it has been removed.

Enjoy, here's the download;

http://www.mediafire.com/?rjyj5sdq96fffti


As someone who is currently attempting to mod the store code, what file did you alter in order to get this result?


You could extract his files, then use the program WinMerge (it's easy to use) to see the differences between the original files and his.


What files/items specifically?
StealthCl0wn
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: [MOD] Galaxy is your oyster

Postby StealthCl0wn » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:00 pm

Tysonclyde wrote:How did you fucking mod this thing. I can't figure it out for my life. i have went into the data.dat file and configured things to my liking but the game keeps crashing. FUCK GRRRRRRR.


Use the ftldat file to unpack them, and then repack the files into the data.dat once edited.

Simple really.
Tysonclyde
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:16 am

Re: [MOD] Galaxy is your oyster

Postby Tysonclyde » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:02 pm

Grrrrrrrrrrrr. Where is the FTLdat file. I cant find it. please help I really want to make this game easier and more enjoyable.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 50 guests