[MOD REQUEST/SUGGESTION]Freighter Vessel

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
MightyKebab

[MOD REQUEST/SUGGESTION]Freighter Vessel

Postby MightyKebab » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:56 pm

Hello there. Seeing the recently made Captain's Edition based mods, i've decided to put forward my suggestion as to effectively represent the value of an underrated feature in the overhaul.

It would be a militia coloured vessel that carries 3 CE Cargo Augmentations. It would lack in firepower, having only a dual laser. It would have only one shield bubble and three engines. The tiny boost in engine power is because the ship would be meant to deliver the given cargo within the shortest time. It would also have atleast 2 4x4 rooms at the back end with airlocks near it, indicating that it's meant to be the ship's cargo bay.

The idea is, to make profit from the early sector sales in CE and spend your scrap on getting more firepower, making it a fun balance, much like 5thhorseman's "Potential". I'd very much appreciate it if it would especially have the Federation Cruiser Type B paintjob as we don't get many ships with that design and it would be lore-friendly with CE.

As it was never done before (apart from the recent "Charming Demon",which is a kestrel rebalance) and therefore you would greatly contribute to the ship modding community if you could publicly release a similiar concept.
aaaaaa50

Re: [MOD REQUEST/SUGGESTION]Freighter Vessel

Postby aaaaaa50 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:35 pm

It's not exactly what you're asking for, but you might enjoy the ship that inspired CE's trading system: The Liquidator. (Download's on the first page of the thread; it's packed in with another ship.) It starts with no weapons whatsoever and one dummy augment that sells for 200 scrap. No event modifying, the augment just sells in a store for 200 scrap straight up. And there's a B variant that I don't actually remember what the difference is.

I wrote a short blurb about it in this short-lived thread, and there's other ship recommendations if you're interested.
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
MightyKebab

Re: [MOD REQUEST/SUGGESTION]Freighter Vessel

Postby MightyKebab » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:44 pm

Yeah, i played liquidator. It's a real shot in the dark and that's what makes it fun. I suggested this type of ship because we need more like them, most of the modding community makes ships that are based on the generic strategies, involing ion/bomb/missile + laser/beam/attack drone. Some make drone harbours and others just make overpowered ships. We need some trade-based ships.