[WIP]Keep Flying [FIRST STABLE BUILD]

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Ora_unit_SR388

[WIP]Keep Flying [FIRST STABLE BUILD]

Postby Ora_unit_SR388 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:12 am

Hello everyone. It has been a long time.

After the Earth was used up, we found a new solar system and hundreds of new Earths were terraformed and colonized. The central planets formed the Alliance and decided all the planets had to join under their rule. There was some disagreement on that point. After the War, many of the Independents who had fought and lost drifted to the edges of the system, far from Alliance control. Out here, people struggled to get by with the most basic technologies; a ship would bring you work, a gun would help you keep it. A captain's goal was simple: find a crew, find a job, keep flying.

Keep Flying, a Firefly and FTL overhaul

Q: What will this be?
A: Just as the title says, this will be a complete overhaul of ftl. I may use some things from my last one, but this will be a bit different. Almost all events will be replaced by the time I am done.

Screenshots:
A Fire Fly type A
A Fire Fly type B
A Trebuchet type A

Q: When will this be released?
A: At the moment, I have the ship files split into individual ftl files. I will at some point make one big nice ftl file, but for now it is a bit crude.

TODO:
Ships [15%]
Events [0%]
IU [5%]
Drones [38%]
Weapons [0%]

Downloads:
Version 0.0.4 -->http://orashome.weebly.com/uploads/1/9/7/9/19790031/comp.zip
Version 1.3.2 -->http://orashome.weebly.com/uploads/1/9/7/9/19790031/keepflying.ftl

If you would like to take part in making this mod, please, pm me for the details.
Last edited by Ora_unit_SR388 on Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xlandar

Re: [WIP]Keep Flying -- an ftl over haul

Postby xlandar » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:14 am

first things first, the two complete ships look very nice. :lol:
i have a few questions:
how many ships is this mod going to redo?
How is this mod going to work? will it still have a boss and a fleet, and be like captains edition, or will it be more of an infinite space style survival?
art and coding tutorials wanted, pm if you have some good ones please!Image
Ora_unit_SR388

Re: [WIP]Keep Flying -- an ftl over haul

Postby Ora_unit_SR388 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:30 am

I will end up replacing all of the ships. This mod is a bit different though. You will see some elements of INF, like the classic Infinite progression, but there will still be a fleet that you are running from.

Also we will see something new. I am toying with some events that allow you to play both allied forces and browncoats. I might think about something similar to the augmentation system that we have seen in earlier mods.

UPDATE:

I am not done with the ship yet, but here is some eye candy until I can compile the main ship.

Ora_unit_SR388

Re: [WIP]Keep Flying [FIRST STABLE BUILD]

Postby Ora_unit_SR388 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:27 pm

WOOT WOOT FIRST STABLE BUILD. Man, I am very amazed at myself. I have the first stable build done, and I started this mod only a day ago. :o

Here is whats new:

(Right click on the screenshot and hit "view image" to see larger.)

Above we see my butt getting kicked by a the replacement for the rebel elite. You can go back and talk to the front, and as long as you have a real identicard (one can be found with the trebuchet) you can get a free repair and shop at their store.

Be warned! There is a fake identicard augmentation. There is a way to tell it from the real one, but I am not telling you yet.
xlandar

Postby xlandar » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:10 am

sweet, this mod looks like its gonna be really good :).
downloading now.
xlandar

Postby xlandar » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:19 am

quick thing about the serenity, is there a reason it starts with only one drone part? (and no drone recovery arm)
Ora_unit_SR388

Postby Ora_unit_SR388 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:44 pm

The firefly isn't intended to be a drone ship, it just happens to have one. You can acquire the drones later, but don't rely on that thing.
manthrerd

Postby manthrerd » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:58 pm

Would you reccomend that I download this at the moment and see how it is or wait until you have finished to try it?
Ora_unit_SR388

Postby Ora_unit_SR388 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:26 pm

Go either way man. I am still working on some ship layouts, and there is more to come, but hey. The mod is still good to dl now. I recommend getting the stable build. The unstable ones tend to have large game breaking bugs.
_Leguan12_

Postby _Leguan12_ » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:46 pm

On the latest screenshot your ship has more then 4 weapon slots.
How could you do this? I never was able to set the amount of weapon slots over 4 :(