Mod Testing Environment (1.2) (AE Compatible)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
TaxiService

Re: Mod Testing Environment (1.2) (AE Compatible)

Postby TaxiService » Sat May 02, 2015 10:58 pm

I checked the files and some events caused crashes due to misplaced </choice> tags, for the most part.

I used a work-in-progress MTE version to test the events, and fixed some of them! I'm sending you a zip containing the mod and the version of MTE i used. There are still two events that cause crashes, but i couldn't pinpoint the issue. I'm sending you a PM with more informations.

Since I don't know if and when i'll ever publish the revised version of MTE that i've always wanted to do, i'm posting my latest progress on it as well.

Its ship selection tree is obsolete, and it lacks some of the current deaths and autoreward functionalities, but it allows players to spawn enemy boarders and ship on the same beacon. (previously you could only pick one.)

I've been meaning to redesign the choice trees to be memory-efficient and more streamlined, but didn't get very far at it. :\

Anyway, here it is.
MTE v2.7.36 (direct dropbox link)
MTE CCP 2, v0 (direct dropbox link)
ImageImageImageImageImage
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sun May 03, 2015 12:56 am

TaxiService wrote:There are still two events that cause crashes, but i couldn't pinpoint the issue.

DISTRESS_STATION_DISEASE and REBEL_VS_FEDERATION, I'm guessing? They have the unique="true" attribute, which makes it so they can only appear once per sector. If your MTE has multiple paths to those events, only one will work and the rest will crash when the game tries to load them.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
TaxiService

Postby TaxiService » Sun May 03, 2015 12:21 pm

Those were the ones, yeah! I didn't know the unique attribute could cause such crashes! :0 That's good to know! :P
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Tue May 05, 2015 6:33 pm

Thought I'd let you know, changing the tag to "false" allows you to load the event.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
R136a1

Postby R136a1 » Sat May 23, 2015 6:16 am

I beat the Slug Avenger Boss. Do I get a Cookie? :?:
I haz proof here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrVMxLRzAMg
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat May 23, 2015 7:26 am

R136a1 wrote:I beat the Slug Avenger Boss. Do I get a Cookie? :?:
I haz proof here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrVMxLRzAMg

Do it again, but this time you need to be singing a sea shanty :P
Oh and while tap dancing.
LehGogh

Postby LehGogh » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:33 pm

When I go to the exit beacon and select the only avaliable, the game shows the jump animation and then crashes. I'm using MTE version 1.2 with CCP; the one event used in the CCP doesn't involve the secretSector tag or the exit beacon (neither does anything in my mod).

EDIT: Also, the menu that follows selecting "Get some resources and items" has a typo. In that menu, the first option says "Just give me loads a emoney. [1000 scrap]"

OTHER EDIT: Additionally, the game crashes if you try to restart after having a quick and painless death, but not after a slow and painful death.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:42 pm

LehGogh wrote:
EDIT: Also, the menu that follows selecting "Get some resources and items" has a typo. In that menu, the first option says "Just give me loads a emoney. [1000 scrap]"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON-7v4qnHP8

I'm pretty sure it's a reference to Killing Floor but that's in turn a reference to that.
TaxiService

Postby TaxiService » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:52 am

LehGogh: I have updated the OP to include links to the development version i released at the top of this page. You should try to download it and check if the issues keep happening with the new version as well. If they do, you could PM me your mod and i'll try to pinpoint what is causing all this trouble : \

And yeah, that was a reference to this. :P I used something like "MTE_LOADSOMONE" as an event name and, when featherwings rewrote the events, he referenced Einfield in one of the choices. XD
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:41 am

TaxiService wrote:And yeah, that was a reference to this.

Thanks for that, this is great! :D