Mod Testing Environment (1.2) (AE Compatible)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Biohazard063

Re: Mod Testing Environment (1.2) (AE Compatible)

Postby Biohazard063 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:55 pm

Hey there,

Got a question regarding the CCP.
I've been working on creating a custom event in the hopes of getting it incorporated in CE. The writing and all that jazz is done and I've successfully tested the separate bits. (BIG HELP !)
Two problems occur and according to Sleeper Service, the writing that has been done should be solid.
Anyway, here are the 3 issues.

1) The game loads in the wrong ship to fight.
2) The ship doesn't surrender even though I set it to have a 1.0 chance (which should mean 100%) to offer surrender. Though it does display the correct text when I destroy the ship.
3) The <reveal_map /> doesn't work. (I've checked with existing events and there indeed seems to be a space between "map" and the "/")

I believe I've done everything so now I'm also checking here to see if this could be a problem related to MTE. Especially the third issue. I can understand that you managed to disable the option to reveal the map as it may cause some issues...
I'm not sure about 1 and 2 though. But I might as well check with you (if you have the time and motivation to actually check things. I'd understand if you didn't. No problem.)

Rather than pasting all the code here (there's quite a bit of it...), it's probably easier to just send you everything.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hc66la9rd3sa ... tbaCa?dl=0
Not sure if you need CE to run it... the enemy ship blueprint is in the files as well.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:39 pm

Biohazard063 wrote:1) The game loads in the wrong ship to fight.
2) The ship doesn't surrender even though I set it to have a 1.0 chance (which should mean 100%) to offer surrender. Though it does display the correct text when I destroy the ship.
3) The <reveal_map /> doesn't work. (I've checked with existing events and there indeed seems to be a space between "map" and the "/")

I believe I've done everything so now I'm also checking here to see if this could be a problem related to MTE. Especially the third issue. I can understand that you managed to disable the option to reveal the map as it may cause some issues...
I'm not sure about 1 and 2 though. But I might as well check with you (if you have the time and motivation to actually check things. I'd understand if you didn't. No problem.)

Sleeper Service wrote:Also your ship event has no ship list to draw ships from. It needs an auto_blueprint=.

From what I see, you still have this problem that Sleeper Service mentioned before.

Code: Select all

You have this:
<ship name="C_AUTO_CRUISER_2">

You need this:
<ship name="C_AUTO_CRUISER_2" auto_blueprint="C_AUTO_CRUISER_2">

If it still loads the wrong ship, try removing the <minSector> from the shipBlueprint. Based on vanilla blueprints, I'm assuming that <minSector>1</minSector> prevents it from being in the first sector.

From what I see in the vanilla surrenders, chance should be 0 instead of 1. It seems chance refers to it not surrendering. Don't know why it would be like that.

I've never used or even looked at the MTE mod, but it seems to me that <reveal_map/> wouldn't do anything, since every beacon is supposed to be empty?
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:12 am

RAD-82 wrote:Snip

I misinterpreted the ship list bit then. I thought "ship name=" was the link to the autoBlueprint list. Seeing how specifying a ship didn't work...
And granted, the fact that the ship gave the correct "destroyed text", didn't make it any easier. ;)

So this is similar to the whole rarity thing? As in weird values...
I'll switch that as well than.

For the reveal map thing. Yes, it wouldn't change anything, but you should at least get a pop-up on the reward screen that the map has been revealed. I don't get that.
Well, I can at least start working on getting issues one and two resolved. Thanks !

EDIT : Ok, so I made those changes. And now loading the event crashes the game... I guess it could be considered progress. :?
So the events_ships.xml.append as it stands in the latest version

<ship name="C_AUTO_CRUISER_2" auto_blueprint="C_AUTO_CRUISER_2">>
   <surrender chance="0.0" min="4" max="4" load="CE_ANOMALY_ENCOUNTER_SURRENDER" />
   <destroyed>
      <text>The ship is destroyed and the scrap is yours to take. You also find detailed mapping of the surrounding area.</text>
      <reveal_map />
      <autoReward level="MED">standard</autoReward>
   </destroyed>
</ship>

And the autoBlueprints.xml.append :

<shipBlueprint name="C_AUTO_CRUISER_2" layout="c_auto_cruiser_2" img="c_auto_cruiser_2">
   <class>Auto-Cruiser</class>
   <systemList>
      <weapons power="3" max="10" room="4" start="true">
         <slot>
            <direction>up</direction>
            <number>1</number>
         </slot>
      </weapons>
      <engines power="2" max="5" room="5" start="true">
         <slot>
            <direction>left</direction>
            <number>0</number>
         </slot>
      </engines>
      <doors power="1" max="3" room="6" start="false" />
      <pilot power="1" max="2" room="7" start="true">
         <slot>
            <number>1</number>
         </slot>
      </pilot>
      <drones power="2" max="8" room="10" start="false" />
      <shields power="2" max="10" room="12" start="true">
         <slot>
            <number>0</number>
         </slot>
      </shields>
      <cloaking power="1" max="3" room="14" start="false" />
   </systemList>
   <weaponSlots>4</weaponSlots>
   <droneSlots>2</droneSlots>
   <weaponList missiles="10" load="WEAPONS_AUTO" />
   <droneList drones="5" load="DRONES_STANDARD" />
   <health amount="15" />
   <maxPower amount="7" />
   <crewCount amount="0" max="0" class="human" />
   <aug name="AUTO_COOLDOWN" />
   <aug name="SYSTEM_CASING" />
</shipBlueprint>
<blueprintList name="C_AUTO_CRUISER_2">
   <name>C_AUTO_CRUISER_2</name>
   <name>C_AUTO_CRUISER_2</name>
</blueprintList>

Also, the tag that should load the ship for the event :

<event name="CE_ANOMALY_ENCOUNTER" unique="false">
   <ship load="C_AUTO_CRUISER_2" hostile="false" />
   <text>Coming out o...
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:12 am

Biohazard063 wrote:For the reveal map thing. Yes, it wouldn't change anything, but you should at least get a pop-up on the reward screen that the map has been revealed.

It's been some time since I've played the game. I thought there wasn't a pop-up for this, but now I'm not sure. :? I feel like I can see the box in my head now, but I can't find any text for it in misc.xml, which would be the most likely place for such a thing.

Looks like a typo at the end of this line. That extra > might be making the ship unreadable by the game. If that isn't the case, then I'm at a loss.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
TaxiService

Postby TaxiService » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:52 am

The reveal map thing works, it's just that since the only event is the event-picker thing, it doesn't show anything on beacons. If you open MTE's sector_data.xml.append file, you'll see three sectorDescription tags. (i call them "tags")

Try adding more events under each one. I don't remember the difference between the first two. The crystal sector is like that because it's what you see when the sector restarts.

I'm gonna try to assemble a version of MTE that kind of leaves the sectors untouched, and lets you decide how many event-picker events to spawn on sector start via quest shenanigans. Until then, try putting some events with a sun in the sectorDescriptions. o_o
ImageImageImageImageImage
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:30 am

RAD-82 wrote:
Biohazard063 wrote:For the reveal map thing. Yes, it wouldn't change anything, but you should at least get a pop-up on the reward screen that the map has been revealed.

It's been some time since I've played the game. I thought there wasn't a pop-up for this, but now I'm not sure. :? I feel like I can see the box in my head now, but I can't find any text for it in misc.xml, which would be the most likely place for such a thing.

Looks like a typo at the end of this line. That extra > might be making the ship unreadable by the game. If that isn't the case, then I'm at a loss.

It's working ! I removed the ">" and still crashed...
Seeing how that was the only thing someone like you could still think off, I started looking at what else could be the problem outside of the info I provided.
So I looked at the ships blueprint which used the layout and img named "C_AUTO_CRUISER_2", those files were present, but I thought, well the ship looks exactly like the auto-cruiser already used in the game, so I might as well get rid of those 2's and already have it use the ones used for the original ship. The event worked as it should...

TaxiService wrote:The reveal map thing works, it's just that since the only event is the event-picker thing, it doesn't show anything on beacons.

The reveal map does work as I recall seeing a shop surrounded by unexplored beacons. Those apparently can still spawn in MTE. I wonder why I thought there was a notification for that...
I somehow recall a box saying "Your map has been updated" or something. Ah well...

These are the moments were I feel like I wasted peoples time more than anything else but not providing you with the information you needed.
My apologies for that one...

Anyway, all that's left to do now is do some final checks for spelling and such. And see what I can trim out. I might not need the ships .xml and .txt file as it can borrow that from the original ship.
Channel link
Dloopory5

Postby Dloopory5 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:02 pm

Error 303 with download
Kiloku

Postby Kiloku » Fri May 03, 2019 3:33 am

Is the CCP supposed to work with events that change dlcEventsOverwrite.xml? Because every time I add one of those events, it crashes my game as soon as I hit New Game.

I assume that's because the CCP events are defined in events.xml, but I'm not sure.

EDIT: I tried adding a dlcEventsOverwrite.xml.append file to the CCP, with the following contents:

<event name="TESTBED_EVENTLOADER">
   <text>What event do you want to load?</text>
   <choice>
      <text>Slot 1.</text>
      <event load="OVERRIDE_ITEMS"/> <!-- THIS REPLACES SLOT 1 -->
   </choice>
   <choice>
      <text>Slot 2.</text>
      <event load="EMPTYSLOT"/> <!-- THIS REPLACES SLOT 2 -->
   </choice>
   <choice>
      <text>Slot 3.</text>
      <event load="EMPTYSLOT"/> <!-- THIS REPLACES SLOT 3 -->
   </choice>
   <choice>
      <text>Slot 4.</text>
      <event load="EMPTYSLOT"/> <!-- THIS REPLACES SLOT 4 -->
   </choice>
   <choice>
      <text>Slot 5.</text>
      <event load="EMPTYSLOT"/> <!-- THIS REPLACES SLOT 5 -->
   </choice>
   <choice>
      <text>Slot 6.</text>
      <event load="EMPTYSLOT"/> <!-- THIS REPLACES SLOT 6 -->
   </choice>
</event>

When I ran the game, it didn't crash, but it also didn't call the event when I clicked it in the Load Custom Event menu, displaying just the default "This event is empty" message. I'm running with the AE content enabled.