Type B Enemy Ship Graphics + Darker Pirate Paint

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Tweevle

Type B Enemy Ship Graphics + Darker Pirate Paint

Postby Tweevle » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:00 pm

So I made a bunch of Type B versions of the enemy ships, pictured below (all of them apart from the Fed + Rebel ships because they don't have an established Type B colour scheme, and the crystal ships because they're annoying). They match the colours of the Type B cruisers pretty much exactly, and there's pirate versions (including Engi) and gibs for all of them.

Included but not pictured below are the pirate versions and tweaked graphics for the original "Type A" pirate ships (the paint is now a more ominous purple vs. pink). If you want to use that, the download should work as a mini-mod too.

I was going to make an actual mod that used all these, but I don't know if I'll ever get around to finishing it, so I figured I'd release them for others to use. I know the Captain's Edition mod has some Type B ships, but not all of them, and they're not quite as close to the cruiser colours as mine are. Feel free to do whatever you like with them, but a credit would obviously be appreciated if you do decide to use them for something!

Download Here

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

And a bonus "scout" Zoltan mini-ship (has a pirate version, cloak and gibs, but no Type B as of yet):

EDIT: Added Type B Lanius Ships!

ImageImage
Last edited by Tweevle on Sun May 11, 2014 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knightmarez

Re: Type B Enemy Ship Graphics + Darker Pirate Paint

Postby Knightmarez » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:50 am

so....damn....awesome....
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:05 pm

Great job. You are absolutely right, the ships match the vanilla type b style exactly. I'll gladly take them on for CE, full credit for you of course.

Are you still planning to finishing the Zoltan interceptor gibs? If not, can I get permission to finish that ship?
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:58 pm

Wow awesome job. A subtle but quality addition!
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Tweevle

Postby Tweevle » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:02 pm

Thanks guys!

Sleeper Service wrote:Great job. You are absolutely right, the ships match the vanilla type b style exactly. I'll gladly take them on for CE, full credit for you of course.

Appreciated! Be my guest. :)

Sleeper Service wrote:Are you still planning to finishing the Zoltan interceptor gibs? If not, can I get permission to finish that ship?

I'm not sure if I'll get around to doing it in any reasonable time frame, so sure, if you want to finish it that'd be great! I was planning it on using it for the unarmed Zoltan peace envoy ship and maybe some early-sector encounters.
CaptainRover

Postby CaptainRover » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:22 pm

This is Freaking amazing The colors match the games perfectly and they look sweet,

By the way would you mind if i borrow a couple of these images for a mod or two?
Tweevle

Postby Tweevle » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:51 am

CaptainRover wrote:This is Freaking amazing The colors match the games perfectly and they look sweet,

By the way would you mind if i borrow a couple of these images for a mod or two?

Thank you! Go right ahead.